My Annual Winter Rant

Why lean over??? Power slide/drift/load shift that sucker!!!

It may help to invoke the spirit of the main character "Takumi" from the "Intital D Racer" movie series...😁

Or!! Berm blast like Ronnie Mac 🤣

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

14 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

And of course winter tires for traction at low temps.  I've no issues leaning until it's *well* below freezing.  

Even without winters, good rain tires (see: Michelin Road 5's, etc) are formulated for better cold traction.  Specifically for wet and cold, but they work great for around freezing temperatures.

Salt... Yeah, that's a thing.  It's harmless when cold and dry, but you for sure need to rinse it off when it warms up and gets wet.   Fortunately, Alberta is quite a bit drier than Ontario, so there's way less snow and wet to contend with.

They make winter tires for motorcycles?

Hah yeah, I've got a thread in the parts and reviews section reviewing them.  They're surprisingly effective.  Good grip in temps down to around -20c (gotta be more careful below that) and decent in slush, light snow, and light ice (that is, frozen condensation or packed down snow, but not big flat sheets of ice). 

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1

I guess winter tires would be about as hard core as you can get. I don't even have them on my truck and I live in New England. I find that for me under 50F gets too uncomfortable even with all the insulated gear and heated grips. I can barely bend my arms enough to fasten my helmet with 2 shirts, insulated base layer and a winter riding jacket. If I could only talk my GF into moving to Arizona..............