Wash that crud away

Winter blues comes with winter crud from the road surfaces unless you live in the warm climates. What's your choice of cleaning the crud off your bike ?, mine is using the Worx Hydroshot with a camping 40ltr water barrel as I don't have direct access to a tap i can connect the hose to.

For the engine and running gear, I use a foaming spray bottle with Simple Green (the purple one; the green can damage aluminum surfaces). Spray it on, let it soak a bit, and wipe it off with a clean rag. I have a stash of old t-shirts that I've cut up for jobs like this.

For painted surfaces like bodywork, I use Pledge. It does a good job of cleaning and polishing all at once. 

I avoid any type of pressure washing, as that can lead to water getting past seals on bearings, chains, and into electrical connections where it can do damage. 

The Worx Hydroshot is only about 300psi max with high and low pressure settings because it uses a battery instead of mains ,whereas something like the Karcher is about 1400psi so this is why I picked it, just to help get any winter muck off the downpipes and front of the engine

• Premium Member

Put the bike up? What’s with that? I did an easy 450 mile trip on Monday. Started out in the teens. Spent most of the day in the lower 30’s. Ended the evening at 28 when I pulled into the garage. All those temps are Fahrenheit.  I don’t recognize that weird  celsius stuff. 

Anyway. I use S100 or the blue Yamaha stuff. They both work amazingly well. 

Let’s go Brandon

13 hours ago, micah2074 said:

Put the bike up? What’s with that? I did an easy 450 mile trip on Monday. Started out in the teens. Spent most of the day in the lower 30’s. Ended the evening at 28 when I pulled into the garage. All those temps are Fahrenheit.  I don’t recognize that weird  celsius stuff. 

Anyway. I use S100 or the blue Yamaha stuff. They both work amazingly well. 

Your way more dedicated than I am.