Greetings from Appalachia (VA)

Hyena

Hi All, 

I'm the new proud owner of a 2015 FJ09 with 12k miles on the clock. I bought it off of a friend of mine that happens to be a member on here so the bike may be familiar to some of you. Comes with a lot of goodies I would've done if I bought one so seemed like a no-brainer. He also kept all the paperwork for literally everything and got the YES warranty so I'm covered until June of this year (which will be good since I need to get that transmission recall done). 

I've been riding for 7 years-ish now and this will be my first real foray into sport touring and commuting.  My other bikes were either a little too high strung or uncomfortable for me to want to ride on the 70 mile round trip to work, but the FJ seems like the perfect fit.  I plan to do some bucket list rides this year too, hopefully doing the Tail (or Back?) of the Dragon along with some superslabs down to Atlanta to visit my God Daughter in the fall. Biggest thing I want to do is combine my two loves of hiking/backpacking with riding and do some longer trips to trail heads, hike for a day or so in a large loop, camp, and then come back to my bike and ride home. Sounds like a good weekend to me. 

I live in the Shenandoah Valley which is pretty great if you're a motorcyclist, especially if you can dip over to West Virginia where the roads get a little bit more interesting. I'm a writer too and want to get into some motoring journalism on the side as I slave away in my day job and pay off my student loans that seem to never want to disappear....Which may be related to me buying motorcycles. Oh well, rather have the motorcycles. 

I guess I should do a build thread or something? 

Past bikes in case you're curious: 2006 GS500f, SV 650S, Yamaha R6, CB900, CB360, Sportster 1200c. 

Edited by Hyena
Grammar is hard.
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum @Hyena- Be careful leaving your bike at trail heads, two of my friends bikes were stolen doing that. Don't worry about paying off those student loans, what are they going to do come and repossess your degree😉

He who dies with the most toys wins.

18 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

Be careful leaving your bike at trail heads, two of my friends bikes were stolen doing that. 

Good call out.... Hmm. Maybe I need to find a spot I can just camp out with my bike then....

On 1/19/2020 at 7:51 PM, Hyena said:

Hi All, 

I'm the new proud owner of a 2015 FJ09 with 12k miles on the clock.

I'm a writer too and want to get into some motoring journalism on the side as I slave away in my day job and pay off my student loans that seem to never want to disappear....

Hey @Hyena welcome aboard.

Our forum has a very underutilized BLOG section that is a great place for some creative writing.  Check it out and start a blog of your own to entertain and educate the rest of us!

And remember... Maint"e"nance is t"e"dious :)

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09