New used bike, new member! 2017 FJ-09

moto_piper

Hi all,

Longtime lurker of the forum here. I have enjoyed your posts on technical issues, solutions, trips, and curses to mama Yamaha.

I just wanted to share my experience with the bike so far, and leave some info for someone who is looking to buy a FJ-09.

• Thumbsup 1

I purchased the bike from WOW Motorcycle in Atlanta, GA. I live in Miami, FL. While they offer shipping at a reasonable price to my area ($250) I chose to fly in and drive the bike down (mostly to enjoy the ride).

The bike is a 2017 FJ-09 which had 1,040 miles at the moment of purchase. I paid $7,250 (was listed for $6,970) as an out of state purchase, and I will have to pay taxes and registration here in Miami once they ship me the title.

If you are or know the previous owner of this bike, please contact me. I'd like to have a chat regarding your experience with it.

I don't plan to do major modifications to it, but plan to ride it a lot. I also enjoy taking pictures of it. In case you have Instagram, you can follow me at https://www.instagram.com/moto_piper/

MEFXqOfqNBd43ZB3HBFyTQkdPScQljzXSs-C7dHq_K1Mhg3OPGF4T_HRifZf9kR5eVt9nMy-ZrMOKNCAQm-SiN8JGGzxn6g1lgzlp9pBc2WKLnl0ooRQkIYOCEwid7ToTnAUddJ42RMHLU0OHuGL29JNe7Rq0Af5ZFnPCT86RDndyVlpBrAOdh2KUJc_ixWg_CCsVKkZgbuhK3EwYaqHvhaLfBh2to_7y3N0h-F43EUnIqIKwEFILGzFj2THMtsP9pllORySiAwH79RF3Dmy6lmJYeLO8S19Buy_L5nhnJeaw-DL-fBc6pFRwGbG5b2s5PWOM5711kInsD2okwFjBf9qzyKA94j0EVnxhTe8nebRyWqBMrZ1ustl5CgYi048a750d0JJXK6OyiybenX_rRc4xJPZxVOAf__DG6Ufrx56ImH0BDLIIcF4772vcTBp2S2NMWggVNKNg3Whi5ntQcoAlN1G45BS-F1N8f_OJGWMNLeMotcJwWz8dGISeXXdJtK3Ih7JLKxtmzraWLUaffu09OowQRlrCY6_Is86-7rY53pSIspaGg_mBXOgXBz8x-PNDwyGmCogFqvEjdpSQfv0_8Hf7eJTETnzDGQBBUSsYCYPJNarNsZpz-PJ65aW74btHrGps-386lSmrUO-i71UoCqmAr76EHWZ-Ah2zVNZRGuTTgEX9oBv=w958-h719-no

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, moto_piper said:

I don't plan to do major modifications to it,

Famous last words... 😁

Love the white model, very clean looking. 👍

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I just joined and saw this post. No way. I was just talking to one of the sales guys there and ironically just purchased one of the Red 2015 FJ-09's - He had mentioned they just sold the white one and bam - here it is! 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Famous last words... 😁

Love the white model, very clean looking. 👍

You are right, I might purchase the saddlebag holders and tail orange reflectors that are missing, just to restore the factory look!

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Famous last words... 😁

Ha!  Yeah, you know who you are...  

Recent conversation with incredibly patient wife ended with her saying “So, what I’m hearing is that we need to budget $10,000 for you to buy a $4,000 MSRP Honda Monkey, so that you can somehow recapture the days of your misspent youth?”    God, how I love this woman...  

Welcome @moto_piper and @dnozzle!  Enjoy the new bikes...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, dnozzle said:

I just joined and saw this post. No way. I was just talking to one of the sales guys there and ironically just purchased one of the Red 2015 FJ-09's - He had mentioned they just sold the white one and bam - here it is! 

I was there on Saturday morning to pick it up. Flew in and rode back all in one day. Quite the adventure.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, moto_piper said:

I was there on Saturday morning to pick it up. Flew in and rode back all in one day. Quite the adventure.

Fantastic. I hope the ride wasn't too cold for ya. That's quite a long haul!
Hope you enjoy the bike! That white is gorgeous.
I'm going to pick up the red one Sat and surprise the lady. She's not so fond of the passenger ergo's on the FZ10. This should....."help" with that haha

• Thumbsup 1