New clutch pressure plate and thrust bearing

happyrider

I had one of the first Tracer 900gt in UK which has now done 17,000 miles. The clutch had become very noisy lately, especially when cold. Plus you could feel it vibrating through the handle bars. Yamaha diagnosed clutch chatter and replaced the pressure plate and bearings under warranty. It is now as quiet as when new. Just in case anybody asks I have been biking for 55+ years and no I don’t ride my clutch.

• Thumbsup 1

My 2015 does the same thing. It always had a rather loud chatter since new, but last summer when I was headed for the Dempster it became noticeable at speed, so much that I could feel it through the handlebars. It is louder when cold. I am at just over 16,000 miles. When I changed the oil, I didn't see any unusual debris in the oil. I was going to take it it, but figured the dealer would say "that's normal" like they did when it was new. I have the extended warranty until 2023, so figured I had some time. Maybe I'll take it in this summer to see if they will address it. 

• Supporting Member

I had a loud chatter from the clutch on my '15 FJ, The dealer checked it out and determined that the clutch basket was a little bit out of round, ever so slightly oval shaped.  They replaced it under warranty @ 38k miles.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***