Stock FJ 09 on Quarter Mile Drag Strip?

Question:   Has anyone run a non-flashed, stock ECU, FJ 09 through the quarter mile?

If so did the 110 mph speed limiter kick in before the end of the run?

Seems like a stock FJ should turn about 11.5 and 125 mph but I don't see how it can with the speed limiter.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

I have never drag raced it, but two motorcycle magazine tests, Motorcycle Consumer News and Cycle World found quarter mile times of 11.13 and 11.16 seconds respectively. Both showed the limited speed to be reached in the quarter mile. MCN showed 110 mph and Cycle World 112 mph. 

Edited by kingfisher

FJ 09s with stock ECUs are limited in speed to 110 mph due to instability at high speeds caused by short wheel base and steep fork geometry.  This limitation can be eliminated by a reflash of the ECU.

@chesterburnet, where do you do your speed runs?  Rt 3 south toward the Cape?

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

I've seen 130mph and no limiter. Is it a US thing.?

Yes, if I recall correctly, the US version early FJ's were limited to 115mph but like @nhchris mentioned, it could be eliminated with an ECU flash.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

15 hours ago, nhchris said:

FJ 09s with stock ECUs are limited in speed to 110 mph due to instability at high speeds caused by short wheel base and steep fork geometry.  This limitation can be eliminated by a reflash of the ECU.

Rt 195 between Providence and the Cape. I just get a mile or 2 from my exit and let it rip.On my flashed FJ 09 and had it up to 130 but lots of head shake. The MY MT 10 has an electric stablizer on it works good.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:12 AM, chesterburnet said:

Did 135 on my MT10 yesterday and it had a lot left.

So what?  Speed on  MT10 has about as much to do with FJ09/Tracer as apples do with oranges. But if it makes you feel good my kid sister is a Statie up that way and I can let her know. She drives a blue and grey cage so you know it’s her and I’m sure she can verify your speedo for you. 

On 1/28/2020 at 6:02 AM, nhchris said:

The USA model is limited to 110 mph, rest of the world gets the untamed version. Don't ask me why, probably more of an EPA political thing. 

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, donk said:

So what?  Speed on  MT10 has about as much to do with FJ09/Tracer as apples do with oranges. But if it makes you feel good my kid sister is a Statie up that way and I can let her know. She drives a blue and grey cage so you know it’s her and I’m sure she can verify your speedo for you. 

I guess I see why your named Donk. It's a very appropriate name.

BTW....I'm totally intimidated.......please don't call your sister.....I'll ride slow from now on. I promise.

S

8 hours ago, chesterburnet said:

I guess I see why your named Donk. It's a very appropriate name.

BTW....I'm totally intimidated.......please don't call your sister.....I'll ride slow from now on. I promise.

I believe the OP’s question was would the speed limiter on the FJ-09 kick in when trying to run a 1/4 mile. Good question on 2 points, does the FJ-09 get up to 110 in a quarter mile and if so is the speed limiter slowing the quarter mile time.

How fast you ride your bike on the highway never mind the fact that it’s not an FJ-09 or a Tracer has little to do with the discussion.   Sounded more like you just needed an excuse to say mine is faster/bigger than yours. I apologize for pointing out that it sounded a bit childish.