New Member to this Forum

pavanchavda

Thanks all for the suggestions. I am 5'10/32" inseam so pretty average.

I got a quote from a dealer for 2020 GT for $11850 before tax. ($11600+$100(freight)+~$150(Tag/Title)). Is that a good price for GT or is it possible to get a lower price for it?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, pavanchavda said:

Thanks all for the suggestions. I am 5'10/32" inseam so pretty average.

I got a quote from a dealer for 2020 GT for $11850 before tax. ($11600+$100(freight)+~$150(Tag/Title)). Is that a good price for GT or is it possible to get a lower price for it?

I just checked Cycle Trader nationwide and there was nothing cheaper than the $13k MSRP for a 2020 GT, so to already get a $1,400 discount seems like a great price to me.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

@pavanchavdaThat is a very good price, if you can stand the 2020 color. Don't take wrong, I wish my 2019 GT was in the same color red as the 2015 FJ-09(I love that color)  and it just might be next winter.😉

He who dies with the most toys wins.

For that price, get the GT.

I went through the same decision. I wanted cruise control, but I didn't want the saddlebags. The GT suspension is a little better, but for a bigger guy like me, I would have to upgrade it anyway. It made more sense for me to get the regular Tracer ($8200 w/TTL +150 frieght) and spend $540 on cruise and get the suspension too. There weren't any deals on GTs near me. I would have had to travel halfway across the country or ship it. So any savings would have been lost that way.

• Thumbsup 1

On 1/28/2020 at 3:49 PM, johnmark101 said:

Many riders have gone with a shorter screen to get their head into clean air.  I am 6'1" and that is what worked for me.

Me too! You can get these on ebay around 26 bucks I think I remember.

IMG_5971.JPG

Yup, here it is......

s-l400.jpg

Windshield WindScreen Double Bubble Kawasaki ZX14R...

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

52 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

@pavanchavdaThat is a very good price, if you can stand the 2020 color. Don't take wrong, I wish my 2019 GT was in the same color red as the 2015 FJ-09(I love that color)  and it just might be next winter.😉

?  The 2020 I looked at at the local bike show was all black, except the lower forward panels and little underwear panels, which where both a really awesome deep red.

Beats the hell out of my 2019 Gray/White/Red GT 

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

?  The 2020 I looked at at the local bike show was all black, except the lower forward panels and little underwear panels, which where both a really awesome deep red.

Beats the hell out of my 2019 Gray/White/Red GT 

That must be different than the US version, my dealer has one sitting on the showroom, and the panels are not deep red, ours is kind of a burnt orange color. 

image.png.6f5e4b0bf9e75de780fe0460d081b5cf.png

Could be.  The one we had here was decidedly not orange.  Very similar to that, but even the photo looks way more orangy than the model Yamaha had here.  

I was seriously, seriously considering scrapping my wrapping work in favour of just grabbing the red panels.  

The black imho is a little too metallic, though.  I mean, crazy metallic.  Glittersparkles.

I havent seen the 2020 Tracer GT in person so I need to check it out at a dealer and hopefully I will like it. The decision would have been so much easier if Yamaha had made the phantom black color available in US. That color combination looks sexy as hell IMO.

Before I get the Tracer, I want to sell my current Ride (2016 R3) first so I dont end up with two bikes. I am still contemplating between trading in for Tracer or sell directly. I live in the city so I imagine selling directly wouldn't be a huge issue. But then again its a R3 so even if I trade in I am probably not going to lose that much money over selling directly. decisions decisions. This is also my first time selling a vehicle so I have very little knowledge about what goes into it. Do any of you have experience with selling a vehicle? If so, its probably a dumb question, but how do you get a title transferred? The bike has no lien. Also, as a seller, what are my responsibility vs buyer's responsibility in the title transfer process?

Thank you all again. It's been a huge help. 😊

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, pavanchavda said:

I havent seen the 2020 Tracer GT in person so I need to check it out at a dealer and hopefully I will like it. The decision would have been so much easier if Yamaha had made the phantom black color available in US. That color combination looks sexy as hell IMO.

The good news is, if you hate the new orange color, several owners have had good luck with vinyl wraps or Plastic-Dip colors. 

• Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, betoney said:

The good news is, if you hate the new orange color, several owners have had good luck with vinyl wraps or Plastic-Dip colors. 

Yep.  I wrapped mine, but I feel Plastidip is probably an easier (and still non-permanent) way to do it.

For @pavanchavda Before.thumb.jpg.17657969356ac38c79fe4b82a7d4e6a4.jpgAfter.thumb.jpg.f81c6cfe0b563527eaa3d79477b0def3.jpg

Was cheap, easy to do, protects the original paint and is removable.  

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I came across a used 2019 900 GT for about 10k.. The bike has about 2.5k mileage and is in great condition. Clean title and comes with a extended service and new front and rear tires (not installed yet). What do you all think? Is that a good price for 2019 used model?

If you feel it is a good deal, GO FOR IT. I went for a two year old Tracer last July with about 7,000 miles on it. My wife had suggested that I look at buying a new bike but I coudn;t justify it to myself. No regrets and I would never critisise anyone for buying new but I probably saved myself about £4,000 rather than going down a new GT route. My riding buddy's new GT he bought last year about the same time as my purchase is better than mine but not £4,000 pounds better.

3 hours ago, pavanchavda said:

So I came across a used 2019 900 GT for about 10k.. The bike has about 2.5k mileage and is in great condition. Clean title and comes with a extended service and new front and rear tires (not installed yet). What do you all think? Is that a good price for 2019 used model?

I can't speak to the price, as I'm not even sure what currency your using or what you're local market is like.

However, that's the golden spot, the bike that's only lightly used so someone else has paid the freight/PDI/tax/first service/etc, but hasn't had it long enough that his own bad habits may become a problem.

My Tracer (2019 GT as well) was a dealership floor model, 800kms on it, and that saved me thousands for a bike with mileage I'd put on it in a couple weeks anyways.

Even 2500 miles is nothing.  One road trip.  

• Thumbsup 1