Have motorcycles ruined you??

• Premium Member

I think motorcycles ruined my chances of dating any of the girls that lived in my neighborhood when I was a kid, luckily with a bike I was able to sneak through the woods and backroads to get to other towns nearby where their parents didn't know me yet. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
BLB

19 hours ago, britelitebob said:

I think motorcycles ruined my chances of dating any of the girls that lived in my neighborhood when I was a kid, luckily with a bike I was able to sneak through the woods and backroads to get to other towns nearby where their parents didn't know me yet. 🙄

Hah when I started riding as a teen, I thought it'd be this great aid for getting girls.  Maybe not so much now, but in my youth the rumor was that women loved guys on motorcycles.  The truth was most where terrified of it, or just completely uninterested.  What a crushing letdown that was!

Edited by Wintersdark

• Premium Member
On 2/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, Coop said:

I'm really close to being 73 and the addiction doesn't subside.

Good to know.  I'm retired and am trying to get in all the riding I can. Soon as this dang snow is gone.

Yes.

I got a late start at this. I picked up my first bike (CB500x) on my 46th birthday, about 4.5 years ago. I got the T900GT in December 2018 after a little more than 3 years of riding.

I've done about 45,000 miles in that time. I find I'm obsessed. Where I used to fly from San Diego to San Jose for work meetings, I now ride there and back, with one direction being a two day Saturday and Sunday explore (the other direction is the less fun mid-week I-5). Every time I take any trip, I am thinking about how to add a bike explore. Visiting an office in Germany for work, weekend in the Alps. Conference in Florida, ride there from New Orleans. If my wife leaves town, my first thought is "where can I ride while she's done?" I read this very forum obsessively, although generally lurking quietly.

It's not all of my fun by any means, and indeed my best friends don't even ride (or not much) since I picked this up only recently. But it is always on my mind, how to make a bike experience out of anything I have going on.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1