Helibars riser now available for the Tracer GT

magnatic

Thanks to harraseeket for lending his bike to Helibars for the design and manufacturing process, the riser is now available for the GT.  I just placed my order and can't wait to get it installed. Apparently they will ship on or before February 17th.

HeliBars Tour Performance Riser quickly mounts under the stock...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, magnatic said:

Thanks to harraseeket for lending his bike to Helibars for the design and manufacturing process, the riser is now available for the GT.  I just placed my order and can't wait to get it installed. Apparently they will ship on or before February 17th.

HeliBars Tour Performance Riser quickly mounts under the stock...

I really dont understand  why the older design supposedly doesn't fit the GT, did anyone ever get a clear answer?  Interestingly the original design for the FJ was 1" up and 1" back, the new design for the GT is listed as 1-1/8" up and 1-1/8" back.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the HeliBars Tracer90GT riser today and I have to say it put the bars in a perfect position for me. I'm 6'1" and have the comfort yamaha seat and the bars ended up being a bit too forward and down. The HeliBar puts it up and back in just the right amount to destress my shoulders and relax my arms. My tracer was already an all day ride but now I'm very comfortable. 100% perfect upgrade.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

Installed the riser today and love the new position. A beneficial side effect of the riser is that the key is easier to access now.  After the weather improves, a long test ride is in store. I'm only 5'9" and always felt the lean was a bit too far forward before.   

On 2/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, magnatic said:

Installed the riser today and love the new position. A beneficial side effect of the riser is that the key is easier to access now.  After the weather improves, a long test ride is in store. I'm only 5'9" and always felt the lean was a bit too far forward before.   

Did you have to release the cables / hose from their perches near the triple clamp? 

Not at all.  The only two minor modifications required before the handlebar assembly is removed from the forks and the adapter is installed is to loosen the front brake banjo bolt just enough to rotate the fitting down until it is aimed at the top of the right fork tube cap and remove the cable/wire loom clamp from the left side of the handlebar until the handlebar assembly is re-installed on the adapter.  The whole process was done in less than 15 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh well, another $129 headed into the "pit".🙂

Reminded me - one of the guys here has the signature block, "when I die don't let my wife sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it".

I need to put that in my will.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Howton said:

I'm guessing this riser will fit the non GT model of the Tracer as well?

Contact Heli Modified: Makers of HeliBars

Heli Modified, Inc.
PO Box 638
Cornish Business Park
20 Industrial Way
Cornish, ME 04020, USA

USA & Canada: 800-289-1047

International: +1 207-625-4642

Fax: +1 207-625-3024

Open Hours: 8-5 EST Mon-Thurs, Closed Fridays

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***