Helibars riser now available for the Tracer GT

magnatic

4 minutes ago, countersteer said:

Wrenching is a bit intimidating to me.  That said, is there a trick to loosening the banjo bolt without introducing air into the system?  Thanks

Just crack it slightly, you only need to rotate the hose.  Any air you introduce albeit unlikely, would just bubble up into the reservoir.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, countersteer said:

Wrenching is a bit intimidating to me.  That said, is there a trick to loosening the banjo bolt without introducing air into the system?  Thanks

Loosen the banjo bolt only enough to move the brake line (just barely crack the bolt loose) and then immediately re-tighten.  When you are finished, pump the brake lever a few times, you should still have a firm lever feel.  If in doubt tie a bungee cord or zip tie around the lever holding it close to the grip and leave it over night, that 'usually' firms up the lever feel nicely.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

I put mine on last nite but won't be able to get the bike out for a while to try them out and make sure nothing is in a bind in any way. Doesn't appear to be by just starting it up in the garage and am sure this will make a fine bike even nicer. Thanks to those that recommended this mod posted their tips.

• 1 month later...

I've used Helibars on prior bikes and they were great.  I just ordered some risers from Motopumps, and I've not used anything from them prior.  Their risers don't move the bars quite as much as Helibars.  Motopumps are 25mm up (about 1 inch) and 20mm back (about 3/4 inch).  However they are also $69.95 a set on their website and if you're on ADV Riders they are $59.95.  FYI

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 6:20 AM, kilo3 said:

Indeed, want it? I actually just changed to a quad lock.

I'm interested in it, actually, if you're still interested in re-homing it - I'm using a bar mount right now that won't work with the Helibars I just ordered.  

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

I'm interested in it, actually, if you're still interested in re-homing it - I'm using a bar mount right now that won't work with the Helibars I just ordered.  

All yours, pm me your address and ill send it away.

12 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Got mine installed yesterday, and a good ride in with them.  They're expensive, but clearly a quality product and they work fantastically well.  Very, very happy with them.  

Hi, did you have to pay any duties getting them over the border? How much if you don't mind me asking.

thanks