New member from Canada

vo1mx

Hello,

Thanks to the mod that helped me get back online last night. I certainly appreciate it. Looking at getting a new bike this year. Considering a new Tracer 900 or the new Tenere 700.

I've had a few bikes over the years my latest being a Honda Varadero 1000.

Cheers,

Dan

Greetings from another newbie from the great white north,

Love the tracer think its highly underrated and under marketed up here. The t700 looks like a great mid size adv. All depends on the type of riding you do, if you're only occasionally hitting a fire road or gravel id go with the tracer. Way more fun on road, makes me grin everytime i climb on mine.

Cool and great to hear. My problem is that I want several different bikes and can't make up my mind.

I loved my Varadero and put about 50K on it before selling. I've considered the Africa Twin as well.

Time to do more reading I guess :)

Isn't that the truth, I'd been drooling over the africa for a few years prior to getting my gt. Thought really hard about the type of riding I'd be doing and when the gt was announced for canada, that pretty much made my mind up.

Course after i got my gt then honda came out with the adv version of the cb500x. For half the money of the gt it looks like a solid bike. The t700 looks awesome too but with the price being so close to a regular tracer, if it was closer to 10 k not 12k i think it would be tougher.

The africa is just too big and too much cash by the time you equip it for touring.  

6 hours ago, stumpy said:

greetings @vo1mx from ontario

Morning from PEI. 

I haven't seen the T700 yet however I may get a chance to see one in the next month as I'm going to be in the EU on a business trip.

If I get a chance I'd like to throw a leg over it to see how it fits,so to speak :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, vo1mx said:

Cool and great to hear. My problem is that I want several different bikes and can't make up my mind.

I loved my Varadero and put about 50K on it before selling. I've considered the Africa Twin as well.

Time to do more reading I guess :)

That need for different bikes can be a problem.  With 50+ years of riding under my belt, and having recently retired, my wife suggested that I am old enough to have more than one motorcycle.  She rues the day she said that!

I now have a 2016 FJ 09, 2000 Harley Davidson FXR4, and 1972 Norton Commando

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, vo1mx said:

Morning from PEI. 

I haven't seen the T700 yet however I may get a chance to see one in the next month as I'm going to be in the EU on a business trip.

If I get a chance I'd like to throw a leg over it to see how it fits,so to speak :)

Back from EU and still in 14 days self isolation as required by the govt. Unfortunately I didn't get to see a T700 or any other bike for that matter. This virus has certainly thrown curves at us all!

On 3/8/2020 at 5:28 PM, BrianG said:

That need for different bikes can be a problem.  With 50+ years of riding under my belt, and having recently retired, my wife suggested that I am old enough to have more than one motorcycle.  She rues the day she said that!

I now have a 2016 FJ 09, 2000 Harley Davidson FXR4, and 1972 Norton Commando

My wife caps the number of bikes at 3. Then again, I'm still working, so it's probably a natural limit regardless. A few years back I had 5 in the garage. They barely fit and seemed like with my limited riding time all I did was maintenance runs (to keep them in good mechanical order). 

When we retire we plan on moving, and the new house will definitely have a bike-specific garage or outbuilding. Then I'll build my collection of a bike for each purpose! 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current