Dashcam, Powerlet, and crash protection install on my Tracer 900 GT (custom 3D printed parts)

Clegg78

Hey everyone, 

I went and designed and printed my own mounts for my Tracer 900 GT to mount an Innovv K2 dash cam setup,  Powerlet install,  and a few other odds and ends. 

I posted about it here: 

20200201_203558089_iOS-scaled.jpg?w=640

So last fall I sold my trusty 2005 Triumph Sprint ST motorcycle...

I am going to start a web store to potentially sell some of these parts and such I designed in the coming month or so.  The post above is just showing the parts, and the design/install of all the mods.   I figured it would be interesting for the folks here. 

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Willie17FJ-09 said:

Nice work. I would also like to come up more tool storage. I thought about mounting a rack where the pillion seat would be and have more tool storage underneath. I don't plan to haul passengers just camping gear. 

I was planning to design/print an entire replacement Pillion seat/cowl that will have tool space/mounts.  I designed the frame for it to connect onto the bike easily... but the seat surface/geometry is what was going to take a while (and the fact its slightly larger than my build volume). 

So I am starting to look at just cutting out the base,  removing some of the foam, and bolting/inserting a substructure/frame to hold tools in it while not affecting the OE looks.  When I get some time I'll share some ideas. 

Nice solution...

I just want to point out the earlier year bikes w/o factory cruise control that use an aftermarket cruise control might find the space in the truck lacking due to the location/size of the cruise control "black box"... 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

15 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Nice solution...

I just want to point out the earlier year bikes w/o factory cruise control that use an aftermarket cruise control might find the space in the truck lacking due to the location/size of the cruise control "black box"... 

Yeah I could see that.  Really even for this bike with the big open area back there... there wasnt a whole lot of room!