When did we get so damn BORING?

Back when this forum was on the old software, at fj-09.org, we used to be a pretty damn fun forum. Alot of jokes were cracked, fun was had, the comradery was at a much higher level. 

In the past six months, I have been messaged on FB by people complaining that we are boring and that the old forum was more fun. That a lot of the old timers left because they got bored. We have great tech info, a lot of you are great mechanics with some serious technical expertise.   

But, what can we do to liven things up again around here? 

Ideas?   Anyone?  

6 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

It’s not us. It’s you. 

Ok, suggestions? I admit im not on here cracking jokes, but I work a full time job and am come home and work on this forum in the background.  After that. im toast and in bed.  One guy doesnt make the forum posts. 

Im totally open to suggestions here. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
46 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

In the past six months, I have been messaged on FB by people complaining that we are boring and that the old forum was more fun.

I wonder if a lot of people (especially on Facebook) relate "fun" with online drama and civility with being boring?  I have been on several forums that have had some absolutely toxic arguments with vile name calling and members getting banned etc.  This isn't Facebook where drama is a way of life, I come here to escape negativity and share ideas and help others.  Keyboard cowboys seem to ruin any online discussion these days, this forum seems to be one of few places that hasn't been ruined.  So, yeah, I'm boring. 😎

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Maybe we are just an "older" crowd than some of the other forums? Im 54 yrs old, and I'm pretty damn boring. 

I’m almost 26 (that’s a lie. I’m almost 46) and am pretty boring till it comes time to put some miles on the bike. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

3 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I'm 54 yrs old, and I'm pretty damn boring. 

Yeah I'm in my 60's now. Most nights I'm in bed by 8:30 - 9:00 PM. Wake up 5 - 5:30 AM.  Same here work kicks my arse. We got bought by another company that is all about the dollar. Not fun to work anymore, counting the days till retirement. When I do ride my focus is down to half a day at best. Kick stands up at 9 means by 3 PM I'm tired focus wise and by 5 PM if we aren't close to the room I'm getting pissy wanting a shower and a couple of beers.  The 50's didn't seem to change me as much as the 60's have. I drive 1000 to 1200 miles a week doing service calls so I really don't feel like riding the bike. Happy to be off the road now. Used to when i was younger the driving all week didn't bother me. Couldn't wait to get on the bike. Used to get on the bike after work and go by friends places and we would ride around just to ride around. Don't get the urge like I used to. Did my last motorcycle trip to Mountain Home, AR for Push mountain and the little dragon end of September and just rode the 1st time since then last Saturday. Rode the bike around the lake, 48 miles and that was enough. 

So far as what to do to liven it up a bit..........not really sure. I'll stay tuned for sure. Someone puts out a good idea I'm all in. 

• Thanks 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member

I’m of a mind as betoney and age as Cruizin.  Rabble rousing online is not my style though in person some call my sense of humor depraved.  

Cruizin I salute you for bringing this up.  Move Fireside chat to the top of the forum topic list?  Things have been quiet there since I showed up but the spicy stuff could be encouraged and corralled there.

Pass the hat and pay wordsmith a few AUD to come back?

• Thumbsup 3

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

17 minutes ago, rustyshackles said:

I’m of a mind as betoney and age as Cruizin.  Rabble rousing online is not my style though in person some call my sense of humor depraved.  

Cruizin I salute you for bringing this up.  Move Fireside chat to the top of the forum topic list?  Things have been quiet there since I showed up but the spicy stuff could be encouraged and corralled there.

Pass the hat and pay wordsmith a few AUD to come back?

He's welcome, but I ain't paying. 

I also notice the InstaTwitFace generation lives online vs the people who actually had a childhood prior to the cellphone in 1998?? Or so...

I find this forum to be more my liking, projects are a bit more thought out, done better, etc... 

• Thumbsup 6
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp