Indiacators for handguards

Clicknow

Hi has anyone fitted LED indiacators to the GT  handguards? if so what ones,I don't just want to put LED strips on, if possible I want them to look like they are meant to be there

kind regards graham

I have the Dzell lights on my handguards. They are constant white when the ignition is on and I have them wired to flash white in time with each indicator.

http://dzell.net/support/?q=YToxOntzOjEyOiJrZXl3b3JkX3R5cGUiO3M6MzoiYWxsIjt9&bmode=view&idx=773769&t=board

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

15 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I believe that these DZELL lights fit the old FJ-09 hand guards, but not the new Tracer 9000 GT.

They have 2 versions now, one for the older FJ09 and one for the Tracer 900 / GT

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 4:26 PM, Clicknow said:

Hi thanks I like them I would have preferred them in amber did you buy the module as well?or did you splice into your exsisting indiacators?

regards graham

It’s a long time since I fitted them @Clicknow, so I may have this wrong, but I think I bought the flasher module with them. As far as I know, the module is simply a set of resistors to keep the flash rate in time with the normal indicator bulbs. 

The white colour is good as for the majority of your riding time they are acting as DRLs, it is only for the few seconds that you’re indicating that it would be perfect if they were amber coloured.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

I have these too @wanderer, but with the offset mounts and I have them just in front of the radiator. From the front they appear each side of the fork legs. They are incredibly bright, much more so than the Dzell versions.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
On 2/16/2020 at 8:26 AM, Clicknow said:

Hi thanks I like them I would have preferred them in amber did you buy the module as well?or did you splice into your exsisting indiacators?

regards graham

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, wanderer said:

Same with @BBB - I have the offset version mounted to the front of the radiator.  They are very durable, waterproof and EXTREMELY  bright.

You could try the Barkbuster LED's, I posted the link above but here again, they are available in white or amber and designed to be used as turn signals.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***