Fixed my hideous rear-end

21 hours ago, brewhaha said:

Whats involved in doing this? This unit, plus a relay? And do you have to get another tag holder?

It looks great.

You may also want to consider the Motodynamic (MD) integrated tail-light and fender eliminator.  The light is really bright and there is good separation between the blinkers and the brake light.  You can select how you want your brake light and blinkers to flash/function.  By combo-plattering the order you get free shipping and a license plate frame.  The install is pretty straightforward, but you do get instructions with the items.

I would recommend the TST Flasher Relay.  It's only $20, simple to install, and has adjustable flash rates.

In conjunction with my MD items, I also installed the Super Tenere front led blinkers.  There is an walk through for this install here on the FJ/Tracer forum.  Perhaps it was the combination of the two sets of led's, front and back, but the flash rate with the stock relay was off the hook fast.

Edited by roadwarrior
  • Thumbsup 1

I had a Blaster-X on my FJ09 and it's a great quality product. I left my rear turn signals on but replaced them with LED type. It has the integrated turn signal but it will work along with the stock ones if youy want. Between the strobe effect and the brightness I felt like it gave me the best chance to be seen. I also had to call to ask a few questions and they were excellent with their support and time.

Edited by Guest

• Premium Member
On 2/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, magnatic said:

Thank you.  

I have been riding Michelin PR's since my first tire change on my 2015 FJ09. When I got the Tracer, I was like Oh NO, I have to go back to the stock tire? But fortunately, (and Unfortunately), I caught a nail which  ruined my rear tire on my new Tracer. Made it to the dealer (which was where I was headed at the time anyway) and they promptly put a PR5 on the rear. (I thought about patching it for about 2 seconds, but quickly decided I was better off spending they money and getting the PR5. 

Sucks I had to buy a new rear tire for a brand new bike, but at least I have the tire I want....

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 2:04 PM, DavidS said:

Grip Warmers and Cruise control are standard on the Tracer, I could only install one or the other on the FJ.

Wait, what? Why couldn't you install both? 

I just put on OEM heated grips have MCCruise on the way.....

• Supporting Member
42 minutes ago, Hyena said:

Wait, what? Why couldn't you install both? 

I just put on OEM heated grips have MCCruise on the way.....

They all work together just fine, I have had the oem heated grips and MCCruise on my '15 for 3 years now, zero issues.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 minutes ago, betoney said:

They all work together just fine, I have had the oem heated grips and MCCruise on my '15 for 3 years now, zero issues.

Shew, I thought I missed something important in my upgrade research. 😬

Edited by Hyena
  • Like 1