New member from Austin

Pooch

Hey all,

Long time rider, former road racer and currently a MSF Rider Coach here. Just picked up a '15 FJ-09 from private seller who never rode (822 miles total...) and looks like never even cleaned it. 

Brand new lithium battery. Of course, as it was sitting around gathering dust for 4+++ years...

Aftermarket tidbits:

- Carbon fiber Akrapovic full system

- Dynojet PC-V

- Smoke sport screen

- Yosh fender eliminator

- Flush mount front signals

- Corbin seat, and re-covered stock seat by Seat Concepts

$5k cash...I think I got a smokin' deal. Runs perfect.

I don't want the Corbin, so if anyone does just PM me and we'll make you a great deal.

Look forward to learning more from surfing through some of the threads. Will want to start with some fresh tires, don't trust 2015 rubber even with less than 1k miles on them. Of course, also have to change the brake fluid so will probably get a full set of Spiegler lines from RevZilla.

Cheers!

Kenan aka Pooch

FJ.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Hey all,

Long time rider, former road racer and currently a MSF Rider Coach here. Just picked up a '15 FJ-09 from private seller who never rode (822 miles total...) and looks like never even cleaned it. 

Brand new lithium battery. Of course, as it was sitting around gathering dust for 4+++ years...

Aftermarket tidbits:

- Carbon fiber Akrapovic full system

- Dynojet PC-V

- Smoke sport screen

- Yosh fender eliminator

- Flush mount front signals

- Corbin seat, and re-covered stock seat by Seat Concepts

$5k cash...I think I got a smokin' deal. Runs perfect.

I don't want the Corbin, so if anyone does just PM me and we'll make you a great deal.

Look forward to learning more from surfing through some of the threads. Will want to start with some fresh tires, don't trust 2015 rubber even with less than 1k miles on them. Of course, also have to change the brake fluid so will probably get a full set of Spiegler lines from RevZilla.

Cheers!

Kenan aka Pooch

Great bike at a great price, practically brand new! 👍

Maybe run some Seafoam or fuel injector cleaner in a tank of fuel to clean the injectors.  The only thing I would definitely recommend right away is a radiator protector. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Welcome @Pooch!   Houston based ex-racer here.  We don’t know each other personally, but we know some of the same people...  It took about 30 seconds of texts with a few MSF & CMRA contacts to connect the dots.  :) 

Congrats on the FJ, you’re going to love it.  I will humbly suggest that if ever there is a bike that NEEDS upgraded suspension, this is the one.    

-Scott 

• Premium Member

@Poochwelcome. You won’t be disappointed, at all. We have the same bike. 

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

12 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Welcome @Pooch!   Houston based ex-racer here.  We don’t know each other personally, but we know some of the same people...  It took about 30 seconds of texts with a few MSF & CMRA contacts to connect the dots.  :) 

Congrats on the FJ, you’re going to love it.  I will humbly suggest that if ever there is a bike that NEEDS upgraded suspension, this is the one.    

-Scott 

Hey Scott,

Thanks, great to meet you. Completely agree about the suspension, that's next on the list after literally ALL the fluids are changed and I mount up the set of new Pilot Road 5's I just got at a smokin' MSF Rider Coach discount price from Cycle Gear.

This is a 'budget bike' so will likely do the K-Tech cartridges and the Razor R-Lite. Of course if you have any Ohlins connections that can save me a few C-notes I'm all in...

Cheers!

Pooch

Edited by Pooch
  • Like 1