Branded Side case/pannier bags

I've been using my old V35 Givi pannier inner bags on the GT, panniers are long gone, but kept the handy bags, while I sourced some new yins. Just noticed that Yamaha have just added a nice looking branded set on their website for the 20L side cases.

1MC-INBAG-CC-00-INNER-BAG--City-Side-Cas

Listed at £51.96. I thought, that's good value. No-one seems to be stocking them yet online yet, so did things the old fashioned way - phoned the Yamaha dealer (Saltire Motos) and spoke to Robb on parts. Once he'd found them on his system, yes they're new, not seem them before; he's ordered me up a set for £51.96, great value, and I can collect them when I'm visiting them next month for the bikes first annual service. 😎

Edited by SortedGT
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't a fan of inner bags, always thought they took up some of your storage space. That was until a set of  bags came with the bike I bought Much more appreciated now.

I test rode the GT model at Saltire Edinburgh before I bought my Tracer but it was the smaller 20L panniers that put me off buying one.

• Thumbsup 1

10 hours ago, HGP61 said:

I wasn't a fan of inner bags, always thought they took up some of your storage space. That was until a set of  bags came with the bike I bought Much more appreciated now.

I test rode the GT model at Saltire Edinburgh before I bought my Tracer but it was the smaller 20L panniers that put me off buying one.

Mine came fitted (by the previous owner) with a top box (Givi Maxia E52 and top rack) large enough for me to consider doing house removals. 😄

Agree that they're worth having. The pannier bags mean I don't need to remove the panniers and carry them away into a hotel, B&B, hostel, or whatever. Just remove the inner bags and job's jobbed. 🤓

Panniers are also the best crash bungs known to man.

vehicle23571_1.jpg

Edited by SortedGT

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, SortedGT said:

Agree that they're worth having. The pannier bags mean I don't need to remove the panniers and carry them away into a hotel, B&B, hostel, or whatever. Just remove the inner bags and job's jobbed.

Agreed, I cant imagine ever not having inner bags unless you like stuff spilling out all over when you open the lids.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, SortedGT said:

The pannier bags mean I don't need to remove the panniers and carry them away

We were on a camping tour last year I only used the right hand pannier bag managed to fit in all I needed for the night in the bag. Once the tent was up pannier bag went straight into the tent. I just had other stuff loose in the other pannier.

4 hours ago, SortedGT said:

Panniers are also the best crash bungs known to man.

Don't know about that, My riding buddy caught his heel on a roll bag tied to the pillion seat last tour and pulled his new GT over on to its side in a gravel car park. The pannier lid is in getting resprayed just now. He is trying to go more lightweight for next year.