Speedo Angels Tempered Glass Screen Protector

I was lucky in that my bike came with just about every worthwhile accessory already fitted. Too many to list. One that wasn't was a TFT screen protector. I went with Speedo Angels Tempered Glass Screen Protector, same as I've used on my smart phone and it has saved the screen numerous times.

Couple of snaps, before and after. 10% discount also available, use code = missenden.

GT Clocks standard.jpg

GT Clocks Speedo Angel laminate fitted.jpg

• Supporting Member

@SortedGT - I wonder if they changed their design, those look much better that what I got a few years ago.  Mine were translucent, not transparent, everything looked foggy and out of focus, I ended up throwing mine in the trash right away.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

18 minutes ago, betoney said:

@SortedGT - I wonder if they changed their design, those look much better that what I got a few years ago.  Mine were translucent, not transparent, everything looked foggy and out of focus, I ended up throwing mine in the trash right away.

I'm very happy with the tempered glass protector. Nice and protective. Does make the screen slightly more reflective as shown in the photos but not to the naked eye. Quite nerve racking to fit, but as long as the screen is as clean as possible, it goes on well. I did have a couple of trapped air bubbles after fitting but I was able to squeeze one out and the other went when the bike was run up to temp.

You may think it unlikely that the clocks will get damaged and you may be right, but I'd be really pissed off if some scumbag damaged/scratched them when the bike was parked up somewhere away from home.

Replacements are nearly £800, just for the part. So makes sense to spend a little to protect them while they're still in mint condition. Once scratched forever seen...

Edited by SortedGT
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

All you guys spending money to make the sun go away. I’ve been begging for it to come out for the past 2.5 months. I’d actually pay for sun glare at this point.  Spring is close. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, betoney said:

They must have sent you the anti-glare version.

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, micah2074 said:

They must have sent you the anti-glare version.

Yes, you are correct.  It came with 2 screens, I painstakingly followed the directions and neither of them worked, it was almost like smearing a light coating of grease on the screen, out of focus.  🤬

4 hours ago, betoney said:

Yes, you are correct.  It came with 2 screens, I painstakingly followed the directions and neither of them worked, it was almost like smearing a light coating of grease on the screen, out of focus.  🤬

6 hours ago, bugie said:

I've been running their anti-glare screen. I live in the Mediterranean and this screen has been awesome. Completely removes the suns glare and still keeps the dash completely readable.

IMG_20190906_073738.jpg

The anti-glare should have still been crystal clear to read, That pic is with the screen protector covered in dust and dried rain particles

6 hours ago, coachluciano said:

All you guys spending money to make the sun go away. I’ve been begging for it to come out for the past 2.5 months. I’d actually pay for sun glare at this point.  Spring is close. 

image.thumb.png.4a9e92821b722d121199ddbbbacd5a1c.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, bugie said:

The anti-glare should have still been crystal clear to read, That pic is with the screen protector covered in dust and dried rain particles

Maybe they redesigned their anti-glare screens in the last 2 years?  who knows.  I'm glad that yours work, they look completely sharp and readable in the photos.

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Had the Speed Angels Screen protector on the FJ and now will order for the Niken on ebay. The seller explains the different finishes and how Anti-glare may not be as clear as Ultra-Clear.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=YAMAHA+Dashboard+Screen+Protector+2+x+Clear+%26+Anti-Glare&_sacat=0

Most of our screen protector kits are available in both Ultra-Clear and Anti-Glare finishes. Please read the below descriptions to ensure you choose the correct screen protector kit:

Ultra-Clear - Provides scratch resistance and protection whilst being almost invisible once applied.

Anti-Glare - Provides the same scratch resistance and protection as our Ultra-Clear protectors, but also helps to remove the glare/reflections associated with LCD / dashboards. Anti-glare protectors have a 'matte' appearance once fitted. On some displays the anti-glare properties can reduce the sharpness of the display slightly. If you are unsure of whether you would prefer ultra-clear or anti-glare we recommend purchasing one of our 4 pack kits that contains both. Please see our other items. 

• 1 month later...