Looking at a new leftover 2019

OutWest

Hello All,

I just sold my 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports and I am currently looking at a new leftover 2019 Tracer 900 GT.  

Dealer is offering me a price of $13,600 OTD which includes all fees and tax.

First off is that a decent price and 2nd is there any updates to the 2020 model I should be aware of?

Thanks,

No upgrades for 2020.  I would make the dealer an offer or shop around more.  I paid $11,500 before taxes were added, so around $12,200 out the door.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
On 2/28/2020 at 9:29 PM, OutWest said:

Hello All,

I just sold my 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports and I am currently looking at a new leftover 2019 Tracer 900 GT.  

First off is that a decent price and 2nd is there any updates to the 2020 model I should be aware of?

Thanks,

For that price, I would ask for them include the extended warranty. 

I would try to haggle a little but my local dealer cant keep the GT in stock.  The have sold all of the 2019's and the few 2020's that they got only lasted a few days.  They have a few more on order and those are already spoken for, but they still have 2019 base level Tracers sitting there. 

Edited by betoney

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I was out of town all last week so I have not pulled the trigger as of yet

I am located near Sacramento, Ca and the dealers around here do not like to deal on the 2020's.  Best price I have been quoted on a 2020 is $15,200 OTD and $13,600 OTD on the 2019 left over.

I wanted to see if anyone here has ridden 2 up on the 900 GT and if so how was it ?  My wife would like to ride with me from time to time, but I am not sure if the 900 GT is the right bike for that..

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, OutWest said:

I was out of town all last week so I have not pulled the trigger as of yet

I am located near Sacramento, Ca and the dealers around here do not like to deal on the 2020's.  Best price I have been quoted on a 2020 is $15,200 OTD and $13,600 OTD on the 2019 left over.

I wanted to see if anyone here has ridden 2 up on the 900 GT and if so how was it ?  My wife would like to ride with me from time to time, but I am not sure if the 900 GT is the right bike for that..

If you are willing to buy out of state, there are many GT's listed on cycle trader, 2019's below $11,500.  In every posting there is an email link directly to their sales department to ask questions and get a firm quote.  There is also a shipping estimate calculator.

I have bought a few bikes on cycle trader from  Midwest dealers and had them shipped to Washington and that was about $500 each.  You just pay California state tax and registration when it is delivered.  That might save you some of those California dealer prices.

cycle-horiz-logo.png

* Yamaha Tracer 900 Gt Motorcycles For Sale: 225 Motorcycles - Find New...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 2/28/2020 at 11:29 PM, OutWest said:

Hello All,

Thanks,

I bought my 2019 tracer 900 GT in Nov 2018 for 14000 out the door

Edited by Bimbim18
Edit

On 3/7/2020 at 12:22 AM, OutWest said:

All the time.  To put this in perspective im 5'5" 160 lbs, 28 inch inseam (the Tracer's seat height is 31.5") so even with no passenger im tippy toe. 

My regular passenger up until about 3 months ago was my son (he recently got his learner's permit so he now prefers to drive for the practice)

My son is about 5'8ish 180 lbs. When I first got the Tracer one of his immediate comments was how much more comfortable it was, how much more leg room,  and the fact he wasn't leaned up directly on my back vs my shadow (at that time he was about 5'6" 160 lbs)

The GT's preload adjust knob is a godsend. Makes it so easy,  especially since for me my passenger actually weighs more than me. The bike  handles extremely well with a passenger both at low and interstate speeds. 

Was at my local shop picking up oil for the bike and they had a new 2019 tracer for 9200 CAD, almost lost my sh!t. Too bad it wasn't that price last spring when i bought my GT. For that price difference the regular tracer is a steal.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a NEW 2019 GT NEW $11,000 + Freight + dealer cost on 4yr extended warranty (appx 700-800 iirc) about 3 weeks ago in Texas Hill Country.  Had to drive a couple hundred miles each way, but it was better than the closest one to me.  It was a 2019 GT USED for $10,250 + TTL with 3500 miles on it.  There are deals around if youre willing to travel.

• 2 weeks later...

You can purchase a 2019 Tracer (Not the GT) for $7.0k (Owen Motor Sports) if you look on CycleTrader, your taxes may be a little different out of state, but as another poster said you can ship for no more than $500. Check with Owen Motor Sports out of Effingham Illinois.  I know you could probably get if shipped for $8.9k or less OTD