2020 Tracer GT Factory cruise control: Is there any way to disable the speed limitation?

Hi, my tracer GT is going to be delivered on 22nd March.

It is said that in Japan, factory cruise control has the speed limit not exceeding 108km/h (68mph). Did anyone disabled this limitation? If so, could you tell me how to do it?

This is a first I have heard of this... 

Only known "top speed" restriction was on the very early models at approx 115mph... 

IIRC it can be used from 35mph in 4th to 100mph+ in 6th... but 130mph is pushing the revs a lil past 9k rpms... 

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I believe Ivan's ECU reflash includes removal of the restrictions on the cruise control, along with many other things.  Biggest improvement is much smoother throttle response, especially in "A" mode.  Read about it here...….

Edited by johnmark101

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

41 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

This is a first I have heard of this... 

Only known "top speed" restriction was on the very early models at approx 115mph... 

IIRC it can be used from 35mph in 4th to 100mph+ in 6th... but 130mph is pushing the revs a lil past 9k rpms... 

So your Tracer GT don't have a top speed restriction when you set a cruise control?

I heard that JDM Tracer GT can set maximum speed up to only 108kmh. I am waiting for my bike to be delivered, I'll see how fast it can set.

4 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

Ivan's ECU reflash includes removal of the restrictions on the cruise control, along with many other things.  Biggest improvement is much smoother throttle response, especially in "A" mode.  Read about it here...….

Thankyou for the info. This is interesting.

But... Ivan only handles "USA & Canada, Europe & Australia" market...

1 minute ago, mkvgti said:

So your Tracer GT don't have a top speed restriction when you set a cruise control?

I heard that JDM Tracer GT can set maximum speed up to only 108kmh. I am waiting for my bike to be delivered, I'll see how fast it can set.

No I have a 2015 FJ-09 with aftermarket cruise control... 

Only JDM requirement I know of is the exhaust...

I'm am definitely curious if there is a factory cruise control limit for JDM TracerGT or any other JDM restrictions...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

2 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

No I have a 2015 FJ-09 with aftermarket cruise control... 

Only JDM requirement I know of is the exhaust...

I'm am definitely curious if there is a factory cruise control limit for JDM TracerGT or any other JDM restrictions...

Ok I understood. 

We have bike inspection every 2 years, so exhaust is an important when gas test.

Well I have to wait for another week or so to be delivered, lets see how its different from overseas model.

Aftermarket cruise control, we use a huge plastic clip to bind and hold a throttle like this. 

「バイク クルーズコントロール 後付け」の画像検索結果

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, mkvgti said:

It is said that in Japan, factory cruise control has the speed limit not exceeding 108km/h (68mph).

Is that official word from the dealer or "rumor" from the internet?

I remember when Yamaha did this on the 2013 FJR, limiting the CC to 82mph.  All of the old, fast guys raised a fuss and Yamaha raised the limit to 100mph for 2014+

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, mkvgti said:

Thankyou for the info. This is interesting.

But... Ivan only handles "USA & Canada, Europe & Australia" market...

Oops......I did not look at your location before I posted this.  Now I see that you are in Japan.

A side note......I worked for a Japanese company for 28 years.  🙂👍

Edited by johnmark101

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

5 hours ago, betoney said:

Is that official word from the dealer or "rumor" from the internet?

I remember when Yamaha did this on the 2013 FJR, limiting the CC to 82mph.  All of the old, fast guys raised a fuss and Yamaha raised the limit to 100mph for 2014+

Just signed to purchase my bike the other day, so not yet heard from a dealer, but there are some Japanese rider's videos on YouTube. It was 107kmh, not 108...

Mine is JDM, so I'm curious if there are the same in the US or EU Tracer GTs.

4 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Oops......I did not look at your location before I posted this.  Now I see that you are in Japan.

A side note......I worked for a Japanese company for 28 years.  🙂👍

Yes, I'm Japan native. Seems there are no others JDM ppl here.

Great!! My company have some offices and factories in IL, Kentucky is close. However, I never stationed in out side of Japan.

1 hour ago, Denideul said:

For french version, maximum cruise control is 160km/h (100 mi/h)

Denis

Thank you Denis san,

That’s what I wanted to hear! So the top speed of cruise control differs by market. 

I am curious how is this in US market. Anyone??