Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Rode a 2020 Ninja 1000

1 hour ago, keithu said:

If this all blows over and you decide to buy at Power Motorsports after all, let me know. I only live about 30 minutes away and it would be fun to ride up, say "hi," and maybe guide you on a couple local twisties. 🙂  

Will let you know for sure!

• Thumbsup 1

Another very positive review of the 2020 Ninja 1000, courtesy of Ari Henning:  

ZLA_WEST_200518_PHOTOS_NINJA_1000-01770_

For those who still value performance...

“When it comes down to it, the Ninja 1000SX is a nearly ideal solution for those of you who, like me, are drawn to sport bikes but can’t stomach the compromise of a purebred supersport. From city streets to the open road to your favorite section of serpentine blacktop, the 1000SX excels thanks to a brute of an engine, sensible ergonomics, a well tuned chassis, and useful features.“

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, dazzler24 said:

Just out of curiousity, what is the sitting position like when compared to the Tracers?  That is something I do like about the Yamaha and that is the upright position = no/little weight on the wrists.  The Ninja appears to be more sport orientated and I assume a more forward leaning position but interested in hearing what the experience was for those who've ridden it.

Is the Ninj on the cycle-ergo website?   If so, all your questions and comparisons will be answered...

Wordsmith - a 1939 model.   Previously owned a 2019 Tracer 900 GT, Midnight Black.   Since January 2020 - a BMW R9T Roadster.   Happily living near the sea in Redland Bay, SE Queensland, Australia.

48 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Another very positive review of the 2020 Ninja 1000, courtesy of Ari Henning:  

ZLA_WEST_200518_PHOTOS_NINJA_1000-01770_

For those who still value performance...

“When it comes down to it, the Ninja 1000SX is a nearly ideal solution for those of you who, like me, are drawn to sport bikes but can’t stomach the compromise of a purebred supersport. From city streets to the open road to your favorite section of serpentine blacktop, the 1000SX excels thanks to a brute of an engine, sensible ergonomics, a well tuned chassis, and useful features.“

When I test rode the '17 Ninja 1000 it was right after the FJ and Versys 650 and 1000, all with much more upright and relaxed ergonomics, almost like sitting on a chair.  I was trying to place my feet on the pegs and looked down and realized I had to go much further up and back to find the pegs.  Awesome bike in every other aspect but with a 33"-34" inseam I would need some aftermarket ergonomic help.  I would love to ride one that a taller rider has set-up for comfort and long distance riding.

Interestingly the Ninja H2 SX SE is also considered a long distance sport tourer...capable of riding 2-up? 🤷‍♀️  Give them an hour and they will be calling an Uber.

Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX Priced at $19,000 for the USA - Asphalt & Rubber

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@Cruizin....do i detect another motorcycle forum for you??   I can't wait for the manufacture rides ...if they have them this year.  

• Thumbsup 1

21 hours ago, stumpy said:

@Cruizin....do i detect another motorcycle forum for you??   I can't wait for the manufacture rides ...if they have them this year.  

Nah, I just ordered a Tenere 700, supposed to get here early June. I'll be way too busy riding the piss out of that and fixing the stuff I break on it to start a new forum. Plus, there is already a large ninja 1000 forum out there. 

• Thumbsup 3

Has anyone done a comparison of the tracer gt and the kwacka 1000 tracer? Like what features including little bits. Thanks to all the people that put info on this site, makes good reading. 

whoops! not many Kawasaki tracers out there. obviously meant the sx  .  

A riding buddy just got a 2014 Ninja 1000 and let me ride it on a twisty road for about 15 miles.

Engine - made me realize I haven't ridden a 4 cylinder in 10+ years and I miss them dearly. What an engine. 

Suspension - stock suspension is better than the FJ. I was faster into corners on a bike I've never ridden not set up for me than my own FJ. I'm definitely redoing my suspension this winter. Can't believe what I accepted all these years!

Upper body - awesome ergos and good wind pressure. Lower body - I couldn't own this bike. My ankle and both knees hurt in just 15 miles. Less leg room than what I remember on my Ninja 600 20 years ago (probably not but really tight).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Suspension - stock suspension is better than the FJ. I was faster into corners on a bike I've never ridden not set up for me than my own FJ. I'm definitely redoing my suspension this winter. Can't believe what I accepted all these years!

I remember my revelation moment happened years ago riding a buddies Aprilia Tuono with Ohlins suspension over Lolo Pass...  After that ride I vowed to never accept stock suspension again, the bar had been set.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, betoney said:

I remember my revelation moment happened years ago riding a buddies Aprilia Tuono with Ohlins suspension over Lolo Pass...  After that ride I vowed to never accept stock suspension again, the bar had been set.

I upgraded that 600 I wrote about with an Ohlins shock and a resprung fork with RaceTech gold valves. It was wonderful. In between I had a dual sport for 8 years so I got used to front end brake dive and a little pogoing. I haven't ridden anything so sporty as this Ninja 1000 to remind me what a sportbike should feel like. 

• Like 1