Chain Recommendation

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, Clicknow said:

Hi can anyone give me there recommendations for a good quality replacement chain and sprockets for the GT please

regards graham

I always use their Superlite Sprockets and a DID VX chain.  You can buy everything as a kit, chain cut to correct size.

Sprocket Center is dedicated to being the world's premium provider of...

• Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, betoney said:

I always use their Superlite Sprockets and a DID VX chain.  You can buy everything as a kit, chain cut to correct size.

Based on recommendations from this website, I used the same site except an EK chain and screw link.

https://sprocketcenter.com/motorcycle-chains/ek-chain-srx-2-master-link-screw-link-select-pitch-size-2713.html

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Based on recommendations from this website, I used the same site except an EK chain and screw link.

https://sprocketcenter.com/motorcycle-chains/ek-chain-srx-2-master-link-screw-link-select-pitch-size-2713.html

No issues with the EK Screw master link?

• Thumbsup 1

37 minutes ago, betoney said:

No issues with the EK Screw master link?

I installed an EK screw link with a new chain before I rode from Wisconsin to the Arctic Ocean  last summer. Install was super easy and haven't had a problem - including on the Dempster Highway. I'll buy it again. 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, kmev said:

I installed an EK screw link with a new chain before I rode from Wisconsin to the Arctic Ocean  last summer.

That is one hell of an achievement. 😎👍

• Thumbsup 2

13 hours ago, betoney said:

That is a good price! I just paid about $185 for a whole setup with Vortex sprockets and DID VX chain. I think if you stick with bigger name products you probably can't go too wrong. Haven't put them on yet though. 18,500 and still looks good. What kind of mileage is everyone getting?

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Clicknow said:
thanks for your replys,does the above look ok?and is this the right kit for the Tracer GT?

Its listed for the Tracer GT but curious why it has an 118 link chain??  Stock is 110 link.  If you are skeptical about the seller or want to guarantee that you get the correct parts, use the link that I provided above.

"(525 Pitch 118 Link Chain,16 Tooth Front  & 45 Tooth Rear)    

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, Clicknow said:

Betoney thank you,so I can just take 8 links of with my chain breaker? And all would be good?

regards graham

Yes, if you have the tools, then go for it.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Its listed for the Tracer GT but curious why it has an 118 link chain??  Stock is 110 link.  If you are skeptical about the seller or want to guarantee that you get the correct parts, use the link that I provided above.

"(525 Pitch 118 Link Chain,16 Tooth Front  & 45 Tooth Rear)    

Wasn’t 110 the stock length for the first-gen FJ?   With the extended swingarm length on the newer GT, that 118 may well be right.  

• Thumbsup 2