Exploring Idaho

fr8dog

• Premium Member

Stayed close to home. Headed west, maybe southwest from Kuna towards Wilson Peak, ran out of road. Kept going a mile or two then turned around. Went down towards Silver Spring, same thing. On an appropriate bike I could have kept going. Not sure where I would have ended up, but...

Tomorrow I'll stay on the pavement. Looks like out of Caldwell there could be a few good roads. Maybe head to Horseshoe Bend then head home. I think any decent riding requires some elevation. Still a little chilly.

20200316_152247.jpg

20200316_151116.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

Stayed close to home. Headed west, maybe southwest from Kuna towards Wilson Peak, ran out of road. Kept going a mile or two then turned around. Went down towards Silver Spring, same thing. On an appropriate bike I could have kept going. Not sure where I would have ended up, but...

Tomorrow I'll stay on the pavement. Looks like out of Caldwell there could be a few good roads. Maybe head to Horseshoe Bend then head home. I think any decent riding requires some elevation. Still a little chilly.

My favorite road in that area is 21 going to Lowman and Stanley.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, betoney said:

My favorite road in that area is 21 going to Lowman and Stanley.

That looks good. I've been to Lowman and then back down 55. Got a ticket on that ride my first month here. Ouch.

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I do the lowman loop often in summer/fall . It's an awesome ride. 

That's a good ride. Rode it back in November. Got me a welcome to Idaho ticket. 70 in a 50 heading out of Lowman in the canyon.

A little sketchy, but fun near Lowman. Low 40's snow and ice.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I used to attend an annual "Ride to Eat" event in Horseshoe Bend called the Chiliburger Run. There's a riverside restaurant there that made a pretty awesome chili burger. Looking at Google it appears the place is now called "Locking Horns Riverside Restaurant," I don't recall if that was the name when I went there, so maybe it's changed ownership. 

This pic is from the 2003 event. That's my TT600 in the foreground.

CB03_08.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

5 hours ago, keithu said:

I used to attend an annual "Ride to Eat" event in Horseshoe Bend called the Chiliburger Run. There's a riverside restaurant there that made a pretty awesome chili burger. Looking at Google it appears the place is now called "Locking Horns Riverside Restaurant," I don't recall if that was the name when I went there, so maybe it's changed ownership. 

This pic is from the 2003 event. That's my TT600 in the foreground.

CB03_08.jpg

I eat there all the time, Its 30 minutes from my home if the road is clear. An awesome spot!

Maybe next year, I'll organize a western ride event here .

This summer, we will be locked in our homes, waiting for the military supply drops. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, fr8dog said:

That looks good. I've been to Lowman and then back down 55. Got a ticket on that ride my first month here. Ouch.

Was it the state trooper? He got me last summer coming down banner summit. Rumor is that he gave his own mother a speeding ticket. He lives in Lowman. 

Are you on the Facebook group chicken strips and lattes? It's a local ride group. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Was it the state trooper? He got me last summer coming down banner summit. Rumor is that he gave his own mother a speeding ticket. He lives in Lowman. 

Are you on the Facebook group chicken strips and lattes? It's a local ride group. 

Yeah. Guy was weird. Wrote me up. Saw me put my ear plugs back in, helmet on then pulls up beside me and starts talking. I say hold on and take everything off again. Asks me if I like hot springs. Said I'd never been. He points behind me. I guess they were down some steps from where I was at. Wrote me up and then small talk. Geez. I know, maybe he was hitting on me. Ha. Weirdo. Lowman looks like it could be Kentucky. No offense.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I don't do facebook. Used to, to see what the kids were up to. Saw it and then didn't really want to know what they were doing.

That's a funny name. You making it up? You saw my rear tire? Ha

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, fr8dog said:

Yeah. Guy was weird. Wrote me up. Saw me put my ear plugs back in, helmet on then pulls up beside me and starts talking. I say hold on and take everything off again. Asks me if I like hot springs. Said I'd never been. He points behind me. I guess they were down some steps from where I was at. Wrote me up and then small talk. Geez. I know, maybe he was hitting on me. Ha. Weirdo. Lowman looks like it could be Kentucky. No offense.

Some amazing single track in Lowman. Got a cabin up there.  Kinda of Kentucky, but pretty cool people actually. Mostly Bosian's trying to get away from Boise. 

And yes, he is weird. I expect him to go off and shoot some people when things get rough, and then stand there and talk to them as they bleed out. 

• Haha 1