2015 FJ09 Windscreen question

Hello dudes and dudettes,

Chad here with another dumb question. So the P.O. Of my 2015 FJ had a “Unfortunate Transportation Accident” with the stock screen so the bike came without one. 

the bike was a hell of a deal and so I figured phuck it and bought it anyway, I ordered the “Givi D2122s” from Motostorm and realized I have no mounting hardware.

so my ridiculous dumb question for you is: What is the screw size that holds your windscreen on? I assume m8 or something similar, but with the end of the world and people fighting over TP I wanna limit my shopping experience to in and out. 

Thanks y’all, Stay Safe!EAF031BD-2D06-48CC-887B-9A000E8E6DBB.thumb.jpeg.13c042e82a5f72d0718272640e95be82.jpeg

• Premium Member

The hardware includes a plate to remount the bigger screen. That may distribute the load of wind pressure on the bigger screen better. I'd suggest buying the mounting kit. It's in stock @ Revzilla.

• Thumbsup 2

9 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

The hardware includes a plate to remount the bigger screen. That may distribute the load of wind pressure on the bigger screen better. I'd suggest buying the mounting kit. It's in stock @ Revzilla.

I know that’s the case with Givi’s taller screen, however this screen is shorter, and from the one video I did find it looks like this windscreen mounts using the stock holes. 

I just don’t have those bolts because the bike didn’t come with a windscreen.

Edited by ChadTheFoxFox

The stock screws are plastic junk, I found others at Lowes that are stainless hex drive. I also use two different bolt lengths for my three windshield heights.  My touring screen (CalSci) has rubber grommets so those bolts must be longer and have washers.

The stock screen is worse than no screen at all so for summer I got the $20 ebay screen and cut it down to the height of the instrument cluster. Find what works for you, it takes a little trial & error but you will find something that you like.

2 minutes ago, Mvich said:

The stock screws are plastic junk, I found others at Lowes that are stainless hex drive. I also use two different bolt lengths for my three windshield heights.  My touring screen (CalSci) has rubber grommets so those bolts must be longer and have washers.

The stock screen is worse than no screen at all so for summer I got the $20 ebay screen and cut it down to the height of the instrument cluster. Find what works for you, it takes a little trial & error but you will find something that you like.

Yeah I read online that Yamaha uses plastic screws so that in a crash the plastic snaps.

I had planned on going to Home Depot or Lowe’s and just pursuing the hardware section till I found something.   

for those curious like me Givi said a 6mm bolt will fit, and @Trambo confirmed in the “What did you do to your FJ09” thread that a #10-32 bolt is an exact match.

Ill probably post some pictures so that future FJ owners won’t have the same problem I did looking for Info.

• Thumbsup 1

10 minutes ago, Trey said:

I have an OEM screen and Rifle 20 inch light tint in great condition for $40 plus shipping in parts. Let me know if you're interested. 

Sorry mate, I have a Givi Windscreen, and a MRA short screen already, good luck with the sale though!

• Thumbsup 1