Is there a Triumph in your past?

• Premium Member

I rode and loved a 2012 Street Triple R until a short series of frustrating mechanical issues led me to selling, and buying the FJ-09. It was a fun bike to ride.

7A2D3404-8341-4988-A257-7127EDC703B7.jpeg

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

My only Triumph was a 1998 Thunderbird Sport I picked up cheap in non running condition. Nice looking bike. Had to replace a lot of expensive little things like coils, fan, ignition pickup, petcock etc. 

1998 Thunderbird Sport.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I owned a Triumph, but not a triple. I had a 2000 TT600 for eight years. It was the best handling bike I've ever ridden, and the quality was jewel-like.

I had a 1998 Thunderbird Sport as a loaner for ~2500 miles. Great style, handling, and brakes. This is about the closest thing to a cruiser I'd ever want.

I rented a Tiger 800XRX for a weekend in SoCal a couple years ago. Underwhelming all around.

Closest I came to a Triumph was testing one when I changed bike last year, My short list was, Tracer 900, Triumph Tiger XR and a BMW F850. I am sooo! pleased I went for the Tracer. Never went to test the BMW after the Tracer test ride choice was made 5 mins into the test.

I had a green 1996 Thunderbird.  Great bike and with the pipes it came with, the sound was superb. No faults. 

Also had the yellow TT600 four.  It gave massive confidence on fast sweepers due to the superb handling,  all owners say this, but it did have issues and i got rid.

Triumph is one of a few brands that I haven't owned yet. Came really close to buying a Street Triple, but then the FZ09 came out a bunch cheaper and I got one instead. Then, I opened up the cheap ass forks and wished that I had gotten the Triumph instead.