K-Tech suspension (Long)

skipperT

I was thiiiiiiiiis close (pinch fingers for visualization) to pulling the trigger on some K-tech carts this morning. I talked myself into first taking a short ride first. Over the winter, I dropped the forks in the triples ~5mm. I went for a ride, I think I'm going to hold off. I didn't get much of a rhythm down and I was moving slowly, so I haven't really felt them out yet. But it was enough to get me to hold off on the carts. 

'15 FJ09

On 4/4/2020 at 2:48 PM, koth442 said:

I was thiiiiiiiiis close (pinch fingers for visualization) to pulling the trigger on some K-tech carts this morning. I talked myself into first taking a short ride first. Over the winter, I dropped the forks in the triples ~5mm. I went for a ride, I think I'm going to hold off. I didn't get much of a rhythm down and I was moving slowly, so I haven't really felt them out yet. But it was enough to get me to hold off on the carts. 

Do you have a shock already?

-S

On 4/2/2020 at 5:31 PM, duhs10 said:

Makes me wonder if I should have done that to the Ktech's when I had them.

Very possibly - but I'm surprised that Pattonme didn't send any specific instructions for doing that - unless he wasn't aware of it or maybe the supplied spacers you were shipped had been trimmed already? Hard to tell from the pic.

Anyway, he did you a solid regardless by sending that to you and allowing you to keep riding while he made your setup changes.

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

15 hours ago, skipperT said:

Do you have a shock already?

-S

I've got a ZX10R shock. 

I've decided to put the money towards a Yamaha Champions Riding School. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
55 minutes ago, koth442 said:

I've decided to put the money towards a Yamaha Champions Riding School. 

Very Nice!!! 😎👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***