2WDW Shelter In Place Sale

With most states issues "Shelter In Place" or "Stay Home" orders, we know times are tough and that people are going to have a lot of free time on their hands. Because of that, we are officially announcing reduced pricing on ALL of our Mail-In ECU Flashing services starting NOW! Just like all of these new orders, we're leaving this sale pretty much open ended. Almost all of our ECU Flashing services will be only $249.99, with free return shipping anywhere in the USA, through April, BUT we will extend it if neccessary! That's $100 OFF our full retail price 😱🤯. USE THE COUPON CODE "covid19" during checkout at 2wheeldynoworks.com to take advantage of the largest discount we have EVER offered.

We know that many riders are going to be doing a lot of their "isolating" on their bikes and taking advantage of the empty roads and a complete lack of traffic 🤘. We want to make sure that your bike is unrestricted, and as perfectly dialed in as possible, so you can maximize the enjoy of your throttle therapy during this crazy time! 

We are maintaining our commitment to flash and return ship ECUs the SAME DAY that we receive them. Our shop is STILL OPEN and fully operational, and we are always happy to help however we can. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email, phone or text if you have any questions!

• Thumbsup 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I had mine done a few years ago (2015 FJ-09) It still is a tad jerky at off to on throttle. Are there any new refinements to the flash since then? Should I send it back in?

Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, jeff400650 said:

I had mine done a few years ago (2015 FJ-09) It still is a tad jerky at off to on throttle. Are there any new refinements to the flash since then? Should I send it back in?

The best answer is to contact them directly.  They are very personable and helpful every time I have called with questions.

2 Wheel Dynoworks

Email

Phone

(425) 269-5332

Business Hours

Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday-Monday: Closed

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, jeff400650 said:

Have you tried doing the APS adjustment that has been documented here on the forum?   I had the 2WDW flash done last year on my 2015 FJ, and while it made a huge improvement in ridability of the bike (especially in A Mode), adjusting the APS back slightly was the final piece of the puzzle to completely smooth out the throttle response.   It's free, relatively easy, and you can always set it back if you don't like the results.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I did do that, and it helped a lot. So far, I've done:

Disconnect O2 sensor

Install Throttle Tamer tube/cam

2WDW flash

APS adjust

Tighten throttle cable

Sync throttle bodies

Lowered handlebars

And just the other day I installed a new chain and sprockets after 30,000 miles. I got the "best" chain not realizing it would weigh so much more than the stock one. I can feel that it reduced overall power a bit, BUT it actually smoothed out the off to on throttle transition quite a bit because of the increased flywheel effect, I guess. I can leave it in A mode now.

So I really love the bike. Every mod has yielded a little more smoothness. It is fine as is, but I wouldn't mind that little bit more. I wonder how the newer models  compare.

Pistons or pedals, 2 wheels are where it's at...

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, jeff400650 said:

I did do that, and it helped a lot. So far, I've done:

Disconnect O2 sensor

Install Throttle Tamer tube/cam

2WDW flash

APS adjust

Tighten throttle cable

Sync throttle bodies

Lowered handlebars

And just the other day I installed a new chain and sprockets after 30,000 miles. I got the "best" chain not realizing it would weigh so much more than the stock one. I can feel that it reduced overall power a bit, BUT it actually smoothed out the off to on throttle transition quite a bit because of the increased flywheel effect, I guess. I can leave it in A mode now.

So I really love the bike. Every mod has yielded a little more smoothness. It is fine as is, but I wouldn't mind that little bit more. I wonder how the newer models  compare.

Just a thought - not that I am condoning spending more on your bike 🙄 (yeah, right)  Have you looked into an "Active Tune"?  It utilizes a high quality aftermarket O2 sensor and adjusts your fuel tables/AFR in real time.  If you call 2WDW, ask to talk to Travis, extremely nice guy who loves to explain this (I believe he used to work at FTECU and helped develop the Active Tune)  Since the original flash disables the O2 sensor, they have to re-flash to turn it back on.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

If anyone's still on the fence about this, it's time to hop down and get this done.

I use my 2015 FJ for commuting in Seattle (so high-end performance is irrelevant to me), with occasional weekend rides. I just stopped in their shop and had them flash my ecu, and it worked wonders. 

The low speed/low rpm jerkiness is gone. The hesitation at 2,500 rpm in first and second gear is gone. The effect is immediate. If you notice current jerkiness when riding in the city, you will notice immediately the difference.

"But, is it really worth it?? Do I really need to do this?" Yes. It is. You do.

• Thumbsup 2