HWY peg ideas ?

Here's how I mounted mine on my Givi bars. I got a cheap set off of Amazon and couldn't get the clamps to hold tight enough so I made my own clamps. As you can see I have them mounted high and forward,  2and3cylinders on this forum has some mounted on the lower part of the bars which would put them probably 8 to 10 inches forward of the stock pegs and about on the same level. I might have to give that position a try sometime. 

20200329_130255.jpg

beware of these clamps on the Givi bars...i had a hell of a time getting them tight.  i thought for sure i was going to break the bolt.  used a bit of hockey tape to build the bar up a tiny bit and they eventually got tight enough.  they do work great though on the Givi bars, so many spots to mount them to.

HTB1xAcOgsyYBuNkSnfoq6AWgVXaB.jpg

• Premium Member

These are what was just referred to above an inexpensive pair that I mounted lower and forward which allows me to straighten my legs and rest the back of my calves on them as well as the soles of my boots.

I used some aluminum shims cut from a Coke can to increase the OD of the GV case guards which has worked well.

I also have my LED driving lights affixed to the front of the GV case guards and the rubber covered foot pegs off eBay for FZ6 Yamahas

These along with my Sargent saddle and Rental Street naked fat bars and barn door GV screen (as well as a mid-height double bubble and a small bikini fairing depending on weather) make my FJ of proverbial couch, of course the new McCruise CC is a dream come true.

20200329_153842.jpg

20200329_153822.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

of course the new McCruise CC is a dream come true.

So, you have taken it out for a shake-down ride?  How did everything work out for you?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Thanks for remembering. I did 238 shelter out of place glorious miles last Wednesday up and back to Cheeseheadland where I followed a buddy on his new to him 16 S1000XR BMW (which is a rocket and electronic marvel).   McCruise worked well but I'm still getting the feel of how best to engage, disengage and reengage it.  Tapping the brakes is way too unsettling because of my 320 mm rotors, radial MC and HH+ pads.  Pressing the off button while carefully slightly increasing throttle works as does modulating the clutch lever and throttle.  I WAS NOT able to get it to increase mph in one 5 mph increment as some have stated is possible.  I'll try again next putt but I do sort of miss my old throttle friction lock for taking my hand off the throttle momentarily rather than futzing with the CC.  It does hold speed very well and is miraculously transparent in operation except when the throttle is rolled on when engaged there seems to be a slight hesitation or resistance to increase mph.  Have you expereinced that?  I also like my slim switch placement adaptation.  I need to send photos to McCruise instead of his request for a AutoCAD drawing of the slim switch mounting bracket I thought was possible but IMO is not.  BTW, those are my new Renthal Street Naked bars, which I'm still adjusting front-rear rotation to determine the best compromise.  I had some lower bars to bring me closer to my VTR geometry but after a season or so my ole bod screamed foul, so went back to the OEM bars, and now up to the Renthals.  Mounted my Givi barn door until it warms up but for now the kids ARE sheltering in place.  😞

20200318_164752.jpg

20200318_164838.jpg

20200323_172816.jpg

20200328_123810.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I WAS NOT able to get it to increase mph in one 5 mph increment as some have stated is possible.

Send an email to Tony and ask about it.  Maybe there is a new version control unit?  Mine is 3 years old, I assume its their original unit.  I don't know if the Tenere switchgear would make any  difference with the +/- 5mph feature?

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, betoney said:

Send an email to Tony and ask about it.  Maybe there is a new version control unit?  Mine is 3 years old, I assume its their original unit.  I don't know if the Tenere switchgear would make any  difference with the +/- 5mph feature?

I will.  What about the slight hesitation / resistance to increasing throttle while the cc is engage, have you experienced that?

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I will.  What about the slight hesitation / resistance to increasing throttle while the cc is engage, have you experienced that?

If the CC is engaged and I roll on the throttle from a fixed setting, then there can be a slight hesitation to accelerate but not a huge hesitation.  And like you mentioned with braking, it definitely upsets the chassis when the CC is disengaged so I hold the throttle steady and thumb the power switch off.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I WAS NOT able to get it to increase mph in one 5 mph increment as some have stated is possible.

This is the only info that I could find in the 'current' manual that refers to speed increase - decrease is the same of course.

FWIW -This is my experience as well.

image.png.9b552885b212f152c3aea998c05b8a66.png