3 minutes ago, foxtrot722 said:

I'm using frame sliders, it is a big help, I'm 6 feet, 210 lbs. 

DSC03315e.jpg

DSC03316e.jpg

Thanks for the photos, that is EXACTLY how I use my frame sliders. 👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, foxtrot722 said:

I'm using frame sliders, it is a big help, I'm 6 feet, 210 lbs. 

DSC03315e.jpg

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I'd want.  I'm tempted to just buy them, then figure out what I need to do for bolts afterwards.  Will see if I can get in contact with the seller - the ebay listing makes it look like the seller makes them, after all.  If that's the case, he may be able to work something out.

• Thumbsup 2

6 hours ago, betoney said:

Thanks for the photos, that is EXACTLY how I use my frame sliders. 👍

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Yeah, see, this is exactly what I'd want.  I'm tempted to just buy them, then figure out what I need to do for bolts afterwards.  Will see if I can get in contact with the seller - the ebay listing makes it look like the seller makes them, after all.  If that's the case, he may be able to work something out.

@foxtrot722 - good photos to give some perspective so thanks for that.  Never thought to stretch back to to the rear pegs as well, as you are showing!  You've got the full Yoga class going on there. 😄

These look exactly what I need as well - Ordered.

• Thumbsup 2

Very new to my Tracer GT.  Just ordered J&P Cycles private label clamp and pegs (to mount on Givi crash bars) and will let you know how they work when I get them (hopefully for this weekend).  Together they were something like $85.

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, bps said:

Very new to my Tracer GT.  Just ordered J&P Cycles private label clamp and pegs (to mount on Givi crash bars) and will let you know how they work when I get them (hopefully for this weekend).  Together they were something like $85.

Looking on their site, not sure which you ordered.  Got a link?

I ordered these:

7 Reviews

J&P Cycles 1-1/2" Black Universal Clamp On Footpeg Mount Kits

$39.99

Gold Club Price: $35.99 

In Stock
 Ships in 1-2 business days.
J&P Part #:  7500246
 Mfr Part #:  7500246
and
11 Reviews

J&P Cycles Large Black Vibra-Kushion Footpegs

$37.99

Gold Club Price: $34.19 

This item is temporarily unavailable.
J&P Part #:  634-211
 Mfr Part #:  634-211

UPS is scheduled to deliver them tomorrow so I'll be riding with them this weekend.  Can let you know how they work out.

@Wintersdark - here is a direct link

7500246_a_V1.jpg

• Designed to accept any male mount H-D style footpegs<p />• Available in...

634-211_a_V1.jpg

• Male end<p />• Can be used for front or rear applications<p />• Rubber...

• Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Ah righto; I've seen those clamps, been curious about just how sturdy they are.  Guess we'll find out! 

On 3/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, betoney said:

Last year a buddy and I had to ride across the desolate wasteland of Nevada to get to Utah, I had the CC set at 90mph for hours at a time.

On a side note, I have a daughter who lives in Utah, so I'll periodically ride out there to visit. I like to go on 50 instead of 80, and on the non-mountain pass sections between Fallon, NV and Delta, UT I also like to set the cc at fast speeds. I've yet to take the FJ on the trip, I always do it on my K1200GT. I tell you, there's something magical about sustained high speeds (I set mine at 110, as the big German missile settles into her own at 100 MPH) in the vast, open desolation. 

Also, there's lots of praying that the NHP isn't using LIDAR because the only function my radar detector serves with laser is to tell me that I'm already screwed... LOL

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

Posted (edited)

I had a set of Hwy pegs laying around from my Harley days and thought I'd drill through the spot where the clamp goes, get a longer engine bolt, and bolt them on...they're quite comfortable and take away the slight forward lean my Bagster seat has.  I did have to grind them a tad so the bolt head sits flush, but otherwise an easy mod.  Need to go for a good ride to see if they're comfy and if I like them I may change them out for round ones...probably powder coat them black as well.

IMG_0575a.jpg

IMG_0584a.jpg

Edited by Fat Jeff
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, Wintersdark said:

Ah righto; I've seen those clamps, been curious about just how sturdy they are.  Guess we'll find out! 

The clamps are better than the pictures look.  I bought the larger ones as I had some thick rubber laying around.  I should have gotten the smaller clamps as this one rotated on me.  I'll need to add some more rubber so it will not rotate.  The pegs I bought were a bad choice.  Too big and heavy.

• Thumbsup 1