HWY peg ideas ?

On 5/12/2020 at 4:57 PM, foxtrot722 said:

I'm using frame sliders, it is a big help, I'm 6 feet, 210 lbs. 

DSC03315e.jpg

DSC03316e.jpg

DSC03317e.jpg

Yeah, I use frame sliders, too, for rests.  But, my sliders are back on the mid-frame mount.  So, I can rest my calves on them.  But, I like your idea better, using the front mount location.  Looks like a project this afternoon.  

• Thumbsup 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 12:13 PM, betoney said:

I use these and find them simple, cheap and effective.  I can rest the bottom my foot on them like a stirrup or extend my legs and rest the back of my ankle.  With damaged knees, I use these almost every time I ride.

s-l400.jpg

This set of sliders will fit on a 2014, 2015 or 2016 Yamaha FZ-09. Will also...

Cool.  These may be the answer for my GT.  Did you need to support the engine from below to install?  TIA

On 6/28/2020 at 8:39 PM, R.C. said:

Yeah, I use frame sliders, too, for rests.  But, my sliders are back on the mid-frame mount.  So, I can rest my calves on them.  But, I like your idea better, using the front mount location.  Looks like a project this afternoon.  

Another one here, rest my shoes on the R&G crash protector (the front one)

• Supporting Member
48 minutes ago, 2WHLOZK said:

Cool.  These may be the answer for my GT.  Did you need to support the engine from below to install?  TIA

No.  The engine has 5 mount bolts.  I just did one at a time.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

31 minutes ago, betoney said:

No.  The engine has 5 mount bolts.  I just did one at a time.

Thanks,

I PM'd the seller, he can't/won't say whether they'll fit the GT.  I'm assuming they will, but haven't seen an FJ-09 up close to know for sure.  Wondering if the frame/engine layout is the same on both?

42 minutes ago, 2WHLOZK said:

Thanks,

I PM'd the seller, he can't/won't say whether they'll fit the GT.  I'm assuming they will, but haven't seen an FJ-09 up close to know for sure.  Wondering if the frame/engine layout is the same on both?

I just installed them on my Tracer. The frame mounts are the same for the FJ and Tracer. 

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, 2WHLOZK said:

Thanks,

The frame and engine are the same on all 2014-present FZ/MT/FJ/XSR/Tracer/GT models. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

I just ordered a set of these extended sliders…..should offer some protection and double as a temporary foot rest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372858176357

Before I installed engine protection crash bars, I used those exact sliders, they work perfect as a foot rest to stretch your legs.  My legs are long enough that I could rest the back of my boot on them and completely extend my legs to stretch out. 

• Thumbsup 2

13 minutes ago, betoney said:

Before I installed engine protection crash bars, I used those exact sliders, they work perfect as a foot rest to stretch your legs.  My legs are long enough that I could rest the back of my boot on them and completely extend my legs to stretch out. 

Sounds good as I have a 35” inseam/6’4” tall.   I am riding to the MSTA STAR rally in two weeks and need some leg room every once and a while.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
On 5/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, betoney said:

I use these and find them simple, cheap and effective.  I can rest the bottom my foot on them like a stirrup or extend my legs and rest the back of my ankle.  With damaged knees, I use these almost every time I ride.

s-l400.jpg

This set of sliders will fit on a 2014, 2015 or 2016 Yamaha FZ-09. Will also...

I picked up a set of these last fall, and they're great.  I don't need them often, but they're sure nice when the time arises.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

5 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

Mine showed up yesterday and were installed in less than ten minutes.  They fit perfect and I am looking to use them on an upcoming trip.

Same for me!  They will come in handy on the ride up to Elkhart Lake for world superbike next weekend!

• Thumbsup 1