Andreani Carts or Daugherty Upgrades

koth442

Looking for help to decide on the better option. 

Andreani Carts offer compression in one leg, rebound in the other, preload in both. Price is about $550 USD shipped.

Daugherty is more like Matt, a custom upgrade option. They build and tune the forks on a suspension dyno. No knob turning allowed. Price is $335 USD plus shipping. 

Both options include the spring rate for my weight. Thoughts?

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, koth442 said:

Daugherty is more like Matt, a custom upgrade option. They build and tune the forks on a suspension dyno. No knob turning allowed. Price is $335 USD plus shipping.

Does that mean they do not have Reb. and Comp. adjustability?  Personally, I do NOT like the idea of non-adjustability.  Even though I have custom built suspension with the base-line settings set up by a suspension tuner, I still have fine tuned mine many times to get it perfect for me.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Have not done either upgrade but was a long-time VFR owner and Daugherty suspension upgrades were HIGHLY regarded on VFRDiscussion.com. Was considering pulling the trigger and he was very responsive via email on the options he could do as well as his suggestions for fork oil weight, settings, etc.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

There's still got to have rebound but not sure about compression with Jamie's work though I recommended him a while back on this forum because I've got some of his parts on my VTR.  Matt's cartridges permit me comp, rebound and of course preload.  I bought a right fork cap from him for the left to work with what is essentially a revalved right cartridge.  I had adjustable comp in the bottom of the left leg but removed it for fixed compression because the jet screw O-ring kept leaking and have been very happy with it all.  Problem is Matt seems to again gone dark...

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

There's still got to have rebound but not sure about compression with Jamie's work though I recommended him a while back on this forum because I've got some of his parts on my VTR.  Matt's cartridges permit me comp, rebound and of course preload.  I bought a right fork cap from him for the left to work with what is essentially a revalved right cartridge.  I had adjustable comp in the bottom of the left leg but removed it for fixed compression because the jet screw O-ring kept leaking and have been very happy with it all.  Problem is Matt seems to again gone dark...

I would go Matt, but as you say, he's gone dark unfortunately. 

'15 FJ09

I struggled with what to do as well. I went with K-tech cartridges because I read too many complaints about the Andreani carts. 

Matt was my first choice as well. I’ve also read that he does still do business just not on the forums. His phone number was listed at one point as the best way to get in touch with him. I also stumbled across some listings by him on eBay I think? Cross border shipping is why I didn't pursue working with him. 
-Skip