Anti-Glare for GPS?

betoney

• Supporting Member

Does anyone have a solution for glare on a GPS screen?  I finally created a mount that works to put the GPS above the screen but the sun glare kills the effectiveness.  Any solutions?

image.thumb.png.5e9a1230985ca9e5c95f971e1483742d.png

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

@jdavis - I have a 2" and 3" ram mount arm, currently using the 2" arm and just angled it as upright as possible, I will play around with the 3" arm and see if can get any more angle.   Thanks for the suggestion.  

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, ChadTheFoxFox said:

anti glare screen protector? Works for the Dash why not a GPS?

That is what I am asking.  Do you know of any products that actually work?

With as many anti-glare films on the market, there as many product reviews that claim that they don't actually work.

Edited by betoney

5 minutes ago, betoney said:

That is what I am asking.  Do you know of any products that actually work?

With as many anti-glare films on the market, there as many product reviews that claim that they don't actually work.

oh my bad, just woke up and thought you were asking for anti glare fixes not products. 

don't personally own a GPS (Use my phone and Google maps), but i use the "Speedo Angels" anti glare on my dash and love it. 

Looks like they have some to fit Garmin units on their site https://www.speedo-angels.com/product-category/garmin/

• Thanks 1

I have an anti-glare screen protector for my Tomtom Rider. It works to some extent, by having a matt finish the screen is less prone to direct reflection, but in full sunlight I think your only bet is something like this @betoney

s-l400.jpg

- Reduces screen glare from bright sunlight during the day - Reduces...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
37 minutes ago, BBB said:

I have an anti-glare screen protector for my Tomtom Rider. It works to some extent, by having a matt finish the screen is less prone to direct reflection, but in full sunlight I think your only bet is something like this @betoney

s-l400.jpg

- Reduces screen glare from bright sunlight during the day - Reduces...

I was going to suggest the same thing.  There are plenty around in various sizes and are used in the drone game for the remote controller.  As long as they can stand a bit of wind!

• Thanks 1

This is what I use;

It works OK, not great but for most situations it's pretty good. This was when I first put it on. The angle is different in real usage. It is turned down a bit. 

IMG_6618.thumb.JPG.2ea533bcbfeccfc37ceea74491997a6e.JPGRiderMount Waterproof Sunshade 5" GPS Satnav Case with RAM Type 1" Ball for Garmin Nuvi Tomtom Go Start 5 inch

• 41Wht-4sYdL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 31rwgSbPkKL._AC_US40_.jpg
  • 41xe-ze6WKL._AC_US40_.jpg

• RiderMount Waterproof Sunshade 5" GPS Satnav Case with RAM Type 1" Ball for Garmin Nuvi Tomtom Go Start 5 inchI

I
Edited by tktplz
  • Thanks 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!