Headlight not working

hi everyone, first time here and was wondering if anyone else has suddenly lost headlight and full beam, also pass doesn’t work, I’ve tested everything , fuse, switches, Light control unit power getting to all the right places but doesn’t work.i saw on other threads about earlier bikes having a problem with the lighting loom, mines a 2017, pulling my hair out any ideas appreciated,thanks paul

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, epharris123@gmail. said:

hi everyone, first time here and was wondering if anyone else has suddenly lost headlight and full beam, also pass doesn’t work, I’ve tested everything , fuse, switches, Light control unit power getting to all the right places but doesn’t work.i saw on other threads about earlier bikes having a problem with the lighting loom, mines a 2017, pulling my hair out any ideas appreciated,thanks paul

It might sound silly but you are checking for headlight operation while the engine is running, correct ? Its happened before.  If you turn on the key without starting the engine, do you have running lights?

Edited by betoney

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Ok so as mentioned earlier: engine HAS to be running!

Check your fuse first, connections second. Have you Or anyone else done any work to the bike recently? Did you just wash it?

operate the Hi/Lo switch rapidly, does that cause them to flicker on? (Dirty switch)  have you wired ANYTHING into the bike that’s not factory? 

I have some troubleshooting info I can PM you beyond this. Lmk. 

-Skip

Only one side stays on, while the other side stays dim during normal running operations...then the other side turns on when HI beam is selected... both lights do not light up as LOW beam during normal operations...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2020 at 4:22 AM, skipperT said:

Ok so as mentioned earlier: engine HAS to be running!

Check your fuse first, connections second. Have you Or anyone else done any work to the bike recently? Did you just wash it?

operate the Hi/Lo switch rapidly, does that cause them to flicker on? (Dirty switch)  have you wired ANYTHING into the bike that’s not factory? 

I have some troubleshooting info I can PM you beyond this. Lmk. 

-Skip

Hey mate,
I am having a similar issue.
Headlight is getting 12v after the modulator. But only my running lights are on. No low or high beam. Also with all the switches rapidly switched still nothing.
Any suggestions? I am trying to avoid replacing the whole assembly. 

@skipperT

the light control unit under the assembly. Is what I mean by modulator.

Yes also when running there is no low or high beam. There is 12v coming out of each pin on the light control unit, also tried another light control unit and still no success. I have removed the entire assembly now, to have a look. Any suggestions before replacing ?8EE3D110-EE15-4A56-9857-D6F23A314562.thumb.jpeg.b93efb11e2c72581d85e2c24342d022d.jpeg

running lights work but everything powered by the supply entering the back of the unit has no response.