Code scanner tool

Yes. You’ll need an OBD code scanner and an adaptor to fit the Yamaha 4-pin connector. Lots available on the web and examples of precise models and links if you use the search function on here.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member

@RandyN please give a report back when you use the tool.

Thanks

He who dies with the most toys wins.

On 4/2/2020 at 4:57 AM, RandyN said:

Here is the one I bought. You will find more info and links here on the site if you search. Have not used it yet.

this the same setup I bought and it works as advertised...very good   manual online so easy-peasy...

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

@RandyN please give a report back when you use the tool.

Thanks

I will when I use it, but probably going to be a while because of this virus fun we're having. Bike is in another state.

• Thumbsup 1

I have used mine, and it's great...cleared a code that I got when I ran it without the Oxygen sensor hooked up,

(Dumb of me ),  it was easy to use, and cleared the code instantly. Mine is a slightly different model the Autel A319,

but the adapter cable is the same one I have.

I like it just fine, and can heartily recommend it to whoever.....

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 1:33 PM, BugsInTeeth said:

I have used mine, and it's great...cleared a code that I got when I ran it without the Oxygen sensor hooked up,

(Dumb of me ),  it was easy to use, and cleared the code instantly. Mine is a slightly different model the Autel A319,

but the adapter cable is the same one I have.

I like it just fine, and can heartily recommend it to whoever.....

I installed a new Akrapovic exhaust with zero miles on my bike.. I went out for my first ride and got an check engine light, so I checked the O2 sensor and sure enough I didn't plug it in all the way so it disconnected. I reconnected it and now have that fault,, but what I find annoying is now the TFT Menu is blocked. I can't access the TFT menu at all. 

Is there anyway to access the TFT menu prior to resetting the check engine light?  I've ordered a 4 pin to ODB cable and OBD scan tool. 

17 hours ago, mingo said:

I installed a new Akrapovic exhaust with zero miles on my bike.. I went out for my first ride and got an check engine light, so I checked the O2 sensor and sure enough I didn't plug it in all the way so it disconnected. I reconnected it and now have that fault,, but what I find annoying is now the TFT Menu is blocked. I can't access the TFT menu at all. 

Is there anyway to access the TFT menu prior to resetting the check engine light?  I've ordered a 4 pin to ODB cable and OBD scan tool. 

Just wondering......is your quickshifter indicator also turned off?  When I had a check engine light from a different issue it locked me out of the menu and turned off my quickshifter.  Once the code was cleared all was back to normal.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

1 hour ago, johnmark101 said:

Just wondering......is your quickshifter indicator also turned off?  When I had a check engine light from a different issue it locked me out of the menu and turned off my quickshifter.  Once the code was cleared all was back to normal.

Yes, Quickshifter light gone too. It's odd that the menu is disabled. Once I receive the cable and obd I will try to clear the code and update this thread. ETA May 11. 

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, mingo said:

Yes, Quickshifter light gone too. It's odd that the menu is disabled. Once I receive the cable and obd I will try to clear the code and update this thread. ETA May 11. 

I believe that getting shut out of the menu and disabling the quickshifter is normal whenever the check engine light is on.  Strange that it does this but it has been consistent among GT owners who have for whatever reason had the light come on.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, mingo said:

received my OBD to Yamaha cable and was able to clear the code easily. All is back to normal, with full access to the menu and QS.. thanks for your help. 

• Thumbsup 1