ASV Adjustable Clutch Lever

I received this as a gift from my uncle after overhearing my issues about my sausage fingers and the clutch engagement point.
The part number is CRF340-G, the -G only denotes the color. (part number is for a 2020 tracer gt 900, anything else, you're on your own)

Fit and finish is nice, the gold matches the fork tubes perfectly.
Easy to install, just pop the mirror and bark buster, then remove the pivot bolt.

Really helps with the reach for us with mechanics hands, why they chose to have adjustable levers on only the brake is beyond me.

Only 2 little things to note, and this is in regard to the micro switch and the paddle on the lever that engages it.
The micro switch has two positions, first click is to disengage the cruise control, this is very shallow ~10 mm of clutch pull.
The second click is to enable starting in gear, much deeper pull at ~40-50mm of travel.
The issue is you can't dial the adjustment all the way in to allow a very short throw and still hit the second click on the micro switch before the lever hits the handle.  I assume this will be pretty much the same for any adjustable lever dialed back.  
Then again, probably isn't a good idea to have that short of travel with the clutch anyhow.

Second, the paddle on the lever is plastic, looks like an afterthought.  While it is very secure with 2 through hole screws, for such a premium product I would have expected this to be cast along with the lever.

Bottom line:
Would I buy it myself? F no. Too many people doing it way cheaper. 
Will I get suckered into buying the matching brake lever? Probably, once the world start rotating the right direction again, my brain won't let me have mismatched levers.
~$90 + shipping USD.

49724428281_e729ce5c52_c.jpg

49727059676_68f3faf6eb_c.jpg

49726513508_1a7f54151d_c.jpg

https://asvinventions.com/f3-series-sport-clutch-lever-crf340/

This review brought to you by unemployment and boredom.

• Thumbsup 2

I have these levers, on both sides. Long for the clutch (I tried short levers this side, but my grip strength is too weak to have good fine control) and short for the brake side (I much prefer shorties and can brake really well with just two fingers).

I tried a few ebay levers before spending out on ASV. Deciding factors in favour of the expense were the much finer range of adjustment (thumbwheel rather than 5 position clicker) and the solidity of the pivot (my ebay levers could be waggled quite a bit in the vertical plane). I figured it would be catastrophic if the brake lever failed when I needed it and it was therefore worth spending on.

I appreciate that it’s a lot to spend on levers and I’m sure there are ebay levers that are perfectly fine, so no disrespect intended to those who have made other choices.  

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, BBB said:

I appreciate that it’s a lot to spend on levers and I’m sure there are ebay levers that are perfectly fine, so no disrespect intended to those who have made other choices.  

Regardless of the source or amount spent, nothing beats adjustable levers.  They are a 'must-have' item on any bike I own.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

More fun. I was putzing around the neighborhood when I kept hearing some squeaking, faint but annoying. Its the damn plastic paddle they half assed on the lever as an afterthought that rubs on the micro switch. I greased the piss out of it, still squeaks, just not as bad. Video post grease:

• Thumbsup 1