Gt fork on fjo9 ?

Tripletrouble

That’s what I was getting at in my first question @Tripletrouble. You’ll see that reflected in the Maxton comments, that the right leg is valved to do the job of two forks.

You could be lucky in that the lower adjustment range of both forks works. You have the fork now so there’s no harm in trying. Annoyingly, you can’t really tell from static measurements, you’ll need to ride. Lock-down dilemma 😥  

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, Tripletrouble said:

I've just had a thought why this might not work. The right leg must have some compression damping, although not adjustable. The left doesn't have any damping at all, so the right must be valved to do the work of 2 legs ? If I fit the left gt leg, which has a damping rod, am I effectively adding more compression and possibly rebound ? I wonder if the right gt leg has different valving to compensate, maybe just rebound ?  Mmm. My reason for doing this mod, is so I can put light oil in left compression leg, and keep heavy in right rebound side. At the moment, with one leg for all the damping, it's a huge compromise of heavy oil for rebound, good, which then stiffens compression, bad. 

You could open the compression valve fully counter clock wise, take it for a ride and then adjust from there.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Betony, I'm normally a 'suck it and see' person, but we're  on lockdown at moment, no riding, so I'm just theorising at the moment. The leg came up cheapish on eBay, and wanted it just for the gold top tube. When it came with the comp adjuster, I thought I could make use of it.

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, Tripletrouble said:

Betony, I'm normally a 'suck it and see' person, but we're  on lockdown at moment, no riding, so I'm just theorising at the moment. The leg came up cheapish on eBay, and wanted it just for the gold top tube. When it came with the comp adjuster, I thought I could make use of it.

True, not being able to road test it makes it difficult to evaluate and get set up.  At least you have an adjustment range on the compression circuit now, even if you have to open it up to the lower end of the adjustment range.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 9 months later...