QUICKSHIFTER ISSUES TRACER GT

When riding ,usually on a light throttle in a 30mph limit , the engine dies for a split second then carries on normally. This can happen several times on a 30 minute run. If I disable the QS using the 10 second method,then the QS light goes out and the problem disappears. Enable the QS and the problem reappears. Anyway to solve this apart from buying another new unit ? 

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, CHARLIE C said:

When riding ,usually on a light throttle in a 30mph limit , the engine dies for a split second then carries on normally. This can happen several times on a 30 minute run. If I disable the QS using the 10 second method,then the QS light goes out and the problem disappears. Enable the QS and the problem reappears. Anyway to solve this apart from buying another new unit ? 

Any chance you are riding with you toe under the shift lever?  When the QS detects lever movement, it very briefly cuts power.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, CHARLIE C said:

Good idea , but no , that's not the reason .I've had the bike for 18 months and it's only just occurred. Up until a week ago it worked perfectly 

Do you have the Y.E.S. warranty or has yours expired?  It sounds like its time for the mechanic to have a look at it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...

Unplugged the lead from the qs and the problem has gone away.

The bike is still under 2year warranty and after emails to Yamaha and dealer they informed me of a 3month extension to warranty cover . So I am confident the qs unit will be replaced foc.  Thanks to both. 

• Like 1