Braided brake line supplier in Oz that won't break the bank?

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, jdavis said:

Have you had a look at Galfer?

Capture.JPG

@jdavis - Are those prices in US$ John?  I can only assume so and if they are then we are back at AU$485(today).  Also is GST added to that?

I'm going to end the pain for me (and everybody else who have endured this) and just bite the bullet and buy the local HEL kit.  I can speak with the local guy, I know it's available, it's made to order and it will be here early next week at the latest.

If things had of been different in the world and the currencies weren't bouncing all over the place and transport wasn't at risk or delayed then I would have probably looked at something else.

As Ned Kelly once said..."Such is life".

On 4/18/2020 at 12:20 AM, betoney said:

You really took the more difficult route.  I can understand if you were already taking those off for cleaning but removing the throttle bodies is way too much work and absolutely not necessary to install the lines. 

Mate it was three clamps and a couple of plugs, an extra 10 minutes at most. Hardly way too much work. Mine was the full 7 line kit too.

@dazzler24 The guy that runs Hel is a good guy, we used to deal with him when we had to buy lines.

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, Buggy Nate said:

@dazzler24 The guy that runs Hel is a good guy, we used to deal with him when we had to buy lines.

@Buggy Nate - yeah, I actually spoke with him (Dean) and he said that work for him has escalated since the lockdown.  And yes, he seems like a decent sort.

Cheers.

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, Buggy Nate said:

Mate it was three clamps and a couple of plugs, an extra 10 minutes at most. Hardly way too much work. Mine was the full 7 line kit too.

I was more thinking about others reading this in preparation to change out their lines, I just didn't want the impression to be that those extra steps were in any way necessary to slide the new lines through.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, Buggy Nate said:

Ah rightio. To be honest I would have rathered the metal lines were removed altogether. Would have sped the whole process up.

Yes, I cut the original metal lines in half and removed them out each end.  With them out of the way, the new lines slid right in with no issue.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, Buggy Nate said:

Ah rightio. To be honest I would have rathered the metal lines were removed altogether. Would have sped the whole process up.

Yes I agree and put it to Dean at HEL to have an option for a 5-line set and he said that he would need the bike or all of the lines to make a template.

As they were so busy with a backlog anyway I chose not to persue it further.

1 hour ago, dazzler24 said:

Yes I agree and put it to Dean at HEL to have an option for a 5-line set and he said that he would need the bike or all of the lines to make a template.

As they were so busy with a backlog anyway I chose not to persue it further.

Does this imply that you're not gonna pursue the entire new job, or just the 5-line set from HEL?   I'm losing sleep over this saga!😎

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Does this imply that you're not gonna pursue the entire new job, or just the 5-line set from HEL?   I'm losing sleep over this saga!😎

@wordsmith - sorry for any confusion created by my last post but my earlier statement stands. i.e. I'm getting the seven-line kit made up.  I meant that I was not pursuing the five-line option from HEL to be clear.

Hopefully your insomnia induced by this saga will now be able to be put to bed (see what I did there) and you will be able to sleep soundly again. 🥱😴

4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I'm going to end the pain for me (and everybody else who have endured this) and just bite the bullet and buy the local HEL kit.

Thank Dog for that, Dazz!   The suspenders have been killing me (nothing else to do!).

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thank Dog for that, Dazz!   The suspenders have been killing me (nothing else to do!).

Yes, the neighbours went out this morning for an extended ride - two up.  Don't know if they've heard anything new or just taking matters into their own hands or...... just don't care?!?!

The weather is superb of course but if I poked my nose out the driveway I'd be booked before I got to the first corner and have a juicy fine to contend with!  sigh.  It is what it is.

1 hour ago, dazzler24 said:

The weather is supurb of course but if I poked my nose out the driveway I'd be booked before I got to the first corner and have a juicy fine to contend with!  sigh.  It is what it is.

Me too - and when the time comes that $13000 or whatever it is will buy a lot of petrol @ 85c/ L and a few nights in a nice seaside motel somewhere within a 500km radius of here!

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1