New Tracer GT owner researching seat options

I didn't know that Jim's was a corbin dealer.  I learn my lessons a bit too late.  I ordered off the corbin website.  I'm not worried about height, in fact taller would be better.  I long legs/ short torso kind of guy at 6'-2"  I can stand flat foot on the tallest of the big dirt bikes.  My issues are typically the opposite, too much knee bend.  Tracer has been great though.

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks Kilo, can anyone else weigh in on whether Tracer seat is less angled than the MT?  Or am I really destined to have to replace the seat on a new motorcycle to make it rideable.

Which Bagster seat have you ordered? The basic standard one with Ready Luxe or upgraded BULTEX foam?  What's the delivery time generally if ordered from Motostorm.it? 

On 5/8/2020 at 10:04 PM, mingo said:

Which Bagster seat have you ordered? The basic standard one with Ready Luxe or upgraded BULTEX foam?  What's the delivery time generally if ordered from Motostorm.it? 

The seat that i ordered was the Ready Luxe with the upgraded Bultex foam. I do not know about the Motostorm.it. I ordered mine from Chromeburner in the Netherlands and it arrived to me in central NY in 5 days. At the time they had then right in stock but have since sold out. Last i looked they only had the base model seats left.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Me and 3 other of my friends took advantage of the 10% that was given and ordered thru chromeburner. Got it within 5 days as well

I installed the seat in the lower position, and yes. It seems much lower than the stock 900/GT seats

I'm about 5'7 and have a 32" inseam. The lower seat seems to mitigate the sloping quite abit (was previously on the high setting on the stock seat)

and i also share the same sentiments as @metallion about the pegs feeling closer than the high seat. (i'm on the replica china FJR pegs)

Overall the seat looks top quality and am happy with the price that was purchased at.

eYbuHtMZhRkVT4Z2oue_yjY_K3CYYxR0IyqPzopO5XgtvZtm70K0tv4RFRyUiV028sEK-TIsXZTZPc7d3AWPPEyXLpayZOhlbPkz2n57-n0F2JaQ4L3n1BPypdbY5VQ7kTjOZvsDGLfT6mBPBsJbiRo-Dqbh6gvCPmKZPqdyjJ8RKbZrHXBdYUsSxlH-6U4G7xKX4nBeobv-joBiBBcoyApGCWeLlDkLQM3IqISIxEpAHOLDBckrrAxGNUSajnPAchaMq0my78IKh4i0dv_7JddBMd9OJ1uNs3rJHjS58SMUZ9ERIy3XZZ3PKO1xaFnKGIVoXYnUFtR3i5wfBqDe8Pr5KbcEZiXoIvCtRjCOQKWbjXw_Rs_zRytcISEGS7LrxT_btSz938D456XmOBJC0IiFNHZlAlpmcEc2KB538w8Lr3P-yyO5Cgyzv4vzhBseeTJ2PIz9FRm1ubwjnq3fIf0N3jIt3cQN3z4HvSI22w_dEefFWnOdGxltzoe0EwdKkdObIvhR1enoDt2j8Jb_VjfI7ikma1Ve3HqEqvRKYnPQaB3ODBcirho64goAJ50r8CeuHYPxk53Pl1EIh0hv8OENVb13TzIeWtq1eD5YtjcRon5gOaRoCcKZ28QFsHBxbxBNJuFzSO4-ZVPuGVZs7FCOsIMphPgJn0jcIypu9OZD6s3c068Btk4rzyJBS9E=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

MsYy1GiRQBJB70zLnjvcm3Mxw5n361jLfIJIwGWIlY3dBH1FzSfl5rf_5vxPLagNZ-6d-O632ANqnwMTpnntlrfdn8TbXQIbCiLsPJGDksJxuVEwyol8UC5W6gfbzPjnmPfAaoqA4clbZUAHl4AtbFD4K73aAJjXwS_Q-koVY5N_vJ5KfFP2EzD0RxWOe_GQDbet5ItctigXXpvfjzyw78l99jMEQ_0FFhkAoCgBfwsV0Mf9D6aiogp66C1xYrDN2PvNpbPaJdYPXfsFchOqJRMUkMAeGMdmC83m17ksbL4mNIGOL5IUAeAKAqz3rmYzz-VGe-dPLAQFFPVpNF2cyY12I1xvnPq5gy1AOxRtXXoWMz7ArkuYGLb0dpCfRf3ExKQ6SgPDcnm6QdXnoQd51EaFszi0ew1KPGeiTSA_A5NvFfdJHBCultAGDTN8xE4n8pr7wUFkBm43ZE1WGyIWdWQaglTjvxngP-XcKbPR-x5WnFHHamrSBhrxXb3u3DjeWxyrqARE50Alydnlm9v1psoFfoDV-ig0bslmErBQsnsS9KHMIXBVYvtSLHS-vfRF43zVKNdLJlUVOp_VsKnSV-lNevld0d5cnLd4mcpy5LdW91pOQmSboARWGhZYpPN05yen218zsrsXfyQqqdC9Et0Jd8SMbvsOdxmQnqCQ7j0VLvwdajHOEDgmRzxNXQw=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

aja33NscoiRD3zt3JpaDlfbuYCfgVMvzq8asG68QNz968YSMfiIn5sobL0XGlCMi49xcB1qb32-P5-o9b8ahE-sJB6mgl74YkCUwTCQcT7nGmMQohEwhaYffVXTy9WF4HZDqcaLZV3rCedf_gmSUgsiwxHutTD6YiRMgF0VIdE3zjUuND1KgODW_HhLUJ-5Q2qPEE3Z_lE0fK684LxFfvqDCiJ6R-PvMUBSV8CUzH0HyIbRK5CVQ8ZSrufwLImAc4RmD3v-F5_zfIuwq9L8yaD9hQFPj3wYMm7vr30stfzWm3XX4s-d1tkh_4FWN2h37_pR1SzV9Vj2UXsm7vhmfuih2__bRUW0pvioKgK5sdFGURBewMhQMFTKJonyVTfcc0-JFxAs1zs61ahTpRVbFDZdCH4H6scR1GU8K8HN8w7ltVNEYZNk-vGsfJTPDCN2h6DtcAWYqEDvpbAN-16f2qPhPcEFTdBMGJFdSglb1lYb4Vqll0at-IVSD6Fk2542cq6vrp0hluAtFS2QD7pFvWspZZvVltd5EOm1VuU7PT1VzKJSH-iM6y2fjnaLX3KoCI99jlw429obN0bVUL0Lu9PyeL7CicaAiWdBnmO9vbzSwG3iuNba7f_rntE5vPRbcbdmpBgKeqFf25UnCWJOdGatLRMT0L0uEQbVSp7R5QqY8q3xuUa_DCi3ymeI70hI=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

Z8G1b1GJsLcrRi5BjRXThKlTql1rdXSXnWJm1cqWSrhDCQjJ_dLSBFujYL-FhEa2k0xYqplm8rPL2BJE2MpYdGCo3f3oXKxFHLHEWGjhzT96ZNjtiOt6UYPFlzo7KD0hZ4oNNLeQAbIuAaDOd_Ki_Q_Gv9BjIADNQKLcBYnfFyNJqjK0KydtVQNCZwpXZL0lSnoH0ugVDhbNk_Whyme7Oroc5wPXm1ZqUJ5KwRy1_BUqkNJDR-z8Eh34DSd_-L9_UnG-XAlHt6BAUqjNaw-79VxBmVX96BfHfwVYzXMdx00gbNguI_L60UKHkodGrFsQyZDendrWEeopXs_KfvGfsmjmMwNC-RZkrTxl-krd5VZtdU4F6FuW56l_6eG6IdvHYrh8Kt42CuyoBBwhHW1NfVPE2oOpgpZunJokbK2KxUbSfxyU5IjsNzQ97sK6Ej4Yrw84OY3mhkQoQBDW4JFH-ioT1ZJgCQK6JmZJlNGsk_sLLUijny1Wk3PB-tatvWUu_GBfAL4rmh8Tcm3hzlbzqYNWIO01ODzldG9oSK7QjEcTTo3rGPxHrYv5EaVoNY42vo-Smb70dCqug9yEdG15hUfMN9qfSJY6kkRutE0llEfvZhZQqhqiKS_AmYCAQ5OnIegwX2ayRfCTTc1e98QFXmGtdkV4ZADig-4EyztMfn_BO4xsgZH_vSCqwg7B5rU=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

TO ANYBODY WITH A GT AND A BAGSTER SEAT:

It would be of great interest to me to know as precisely as possible the difference in seat height IN THE LOWER position between the stock OE seat and the Bagster seat.   Quaxum above says he finds the Bagster seat a lot lower than stock - this interests me!   If true, and if making it easier for me to get on and off the GT without having to resort to Folies Bergere high-kicks or growing a pair of flamingo-length legs I'm in (again!).   Maybe...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

2 hours ago, wordsmith said:

If true, and if making it easier for me to get on and off the GT without having to resort to Folies Bergere high-kicks or growing a pair of flamingo-length legs I'm in (again!).   Maybe...

Just curious as to why you don't use the pegs to get on and off?
I'm 6'3" and still use the pegs for mounting and dismounting.

8 hours ago, quaxum said:

Me and 3 other of my friends took advantage of the 10% that was given and ordered thru chromeburner. Got it within 5 days as well

I installed the seat in the lower position, and yes. It seems much lower than the stock 900/GT seats

I'm about 5'7 and have a 32" inseam. The lower seat seems to mitigate the sloping quite abit (was previously on the high setting on the stock seat)

and i also share the same sentiments as @metallion about the pegs feeling closer than the high seat. (i'm on the replica china FJR pegs)

quaxum- I am about 5'8" with a 30" inseam and also have the FJ/FZ style rubber pegs on my bike. I suppose they are a smidge taller than the stock pegs because of the rubber. I Installed them and rode the bike for a couple weeks before i got the Bagster seat and did not notice any significant difference using them with the stock seat. I swear the Bagster feels shorter to me but so far i am very happy with it as it's very comfortable and looks outstanding. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, wordsmith said:

If true, and if making it easier for me to get on and off the GT without having to resort to Folies Bergere high-kicks or growing a pair of flamingo-length legs I'm in (again!).   Maybe...

@wordsmith - Not to derail this thread but I am dying to know, what is your criteria for the duration of changing bikes?  Is it a fixed 6-9 months on the calendar? or when the little rubber nubs wear off the tires?  or in line with a seasonal equinox?  🤣

Seriously though, the R9T is a very nice bike, isn't yours only a few months old?

• Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I bought a 2019 Tracer GT less than two weeks ago, and although I've replaced every stock seat on bikes I've had, this one is killing me.  Good for about an hour.  Same complaints as others, being pushed into the tank, etc.  I think a Terry Adcox seat could do the trick and I have an appointment, but not until September!  After reading reviews of Bagster seats, I looked but can't find a Ready Luxe with Bultex anywhere and understand the factory is kind of shut down due to the virus.  I had a Seat Concepts on my last bike (DL650) and it was much better than stock but I think you can do better (but at a higher price).  Not sure what to do, wait until September (ugh!) or something else?

13 hours ago, betoney said:

Seriously though, the R9T is a very nice bike, isn't yours only a few months old?

< four (4) months in my hands, but very little used thanks to you-know-what!   Now at only 13,312km from new (2017).

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 hour ago, bps said:

I bought a 2019 Tracer GT less than two weeks ago, and although I've replaced every stock seat on bikes I've had, this one is killing me.  Good for about an hour.  Same complaints as others, being pushed into the tank, etc.  I think a Terry Adcox seat could do the trick and I have an appointment, but not until September!  After reading reviews of Bagster seats, I looked but can't find a Ready Luxe with Bultex anywhere and understand the factory is kind of shut down due to the virus.  I had a Seat Concepts on my last bike (DL650) and it was much better than stock but I think you can do better (but at a higher price).  Not sure what to do, wait until September (ugh!) or something else?

Some European dealers may have what you seek: try Silverstone (Motors): motostorm.it: chromeburner.   An Oz retailer has some stock - <info@ctaaustralia.com.au. 

Edited by wordsmith

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Corbin the other day.  Only been on a couple short rides with it.  Not sure how I feel about it.  It doesn't slide me into the tank anymore, but it doesn't let me sit back as far as the stock seat did, so I feel out of balance.  The seat is definitely more comfortable, and I think it looks great.  I probably just need to tweak the handlebars to resolve my issues.  I already have the risers flipped around to push the bars further away, but I need more.  I have very long legs and arms and a short torso for reference.  37" inseam, 6'-2" tall, 6'-6" wingspan.   

IMG_0459.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

Good looking seat @Jfundo from my past experience with Corbin seats, it will just get more comfortable as the miles add up. They need to break-in.

He who dies with the most toys wins.