New Tracer GT owner researching seat options

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Jfundo said:

I have very long legs and arms and a short torso for reference.  37" inseam, 6'-2" tall, 6'-6" wingspan.  

Damn, you have some LOOONG legs, highway pegs might make things a bit more comfortable, allowing you to stretch out.  I have a 33"-34" inseam and absolutely need to stretch my legs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 5/13/2020 at 10:53 AM, quaxum said:

Me and 3 other of my friends took advantage of the 10% that was given and ordered thru chromeburner. Got it within 5 days as well

I installed the seat in the lower position, and yes. It seems much lower than the stock 900/GT seats

I'm about 5'7 and have a 32" inseam. The lower seat seems to mitigate the sloping quite abit (was previously on the high setting on the stock seat)

and i also share the same sentiments as @metallion about the pegs feeling closer than the high seat. (i'm on the replica china FJR pegs)

Overall the seat looks top quality and am happy with the price that was purchased at.

eYbuHtMZhRkVT4Z2oue_yjY_K3CYYxR0IyqPzopO5XgtvZtm70K0tv4RFRyUiV028sEK-TIsXZTZPc7d3AWPPEyXLpayZOhlbPkz2n57-n0F2JaQ4L3n1BPypdbY5VQ7kTjOZvsDGLfT6mBPBsJbiRo-Dqbh6gvCPmKZPqdyjJ8RKbZrHXBdYUsSxlH-6U4G7xKX4nBeobv-joBiBBcoyApGCWeLlDkLQM3IqISIxEpAHOLDBckrrAxGNUSajnPAchaMq0my78IKh4i0dv_7JddBMd9OJ1uNs3rJHjS58SMUZ9ERIy3XZZ3PKO1xaFnKGIVoXYnUFtR3i5wfBqDe8Pr5KbcEZiXoIvCtRjCOQKWbjXw_Rs_zRytcISEGS7LrxT_btSz938D456XmOBJC0IiFNHZlAlpmcEc2KB538w8Lr3P-yyO5Cgyzv4vzhBseeTJ2PIz9FRm1ubwjnq3fIf0N3jIt3cQN3z4HvSI22w_dEefFWnOdGxltzoe0EwdKkdObIvhR1enoDt2j8Jb_VjfI7ikma1Ve3HqEqvRKYnPQaB3ODBcirho64goAJ50r8CeuHYPxk53Pl1EIh0hv8OENVb13TzIeWtq1eD5YtjcRon5gOaRoCcKZ28QFsHBxbxBNJuFzSO4-ZVPuGVZs7FCOsIMphPgJn0jcIypu9OZD6s3c068Btk4rzyJBS9E=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

MsYy1GiRQBJB70zLnjvcm3Mxw5n361jLfIJIwGWIlY3dBH1FzSfl5rf_5vxPLagNZ-6d-O632ANqnwMTpnntlrfdn8TbXQIbCiLsPJGDksJxuVEwyol8UC5W6gfbzPjnmPfAaoqA4clbZUAHl4AtbFD4K73aAJjXwS_Q-koVY5N_vJ5KfFP2EzD0RxWOe_GQDbet5ItctigXXpvfjzyw78l99jMEQ_0FFhkAoCgBfwsV0Mf9D6aiogp66C1xYrDN2PvNpbPaJdYPXfsFchOqJRMUkMAeGMdmC83m17ksbL4mNIGOL5IUAeAKAqz3rmYzz-VGe-dPLAQFFPVpNF2cyY12I1xvnPq5gy1AOxRtXXoWMz7ArkuYGLb0dpCfRf3ExKQ6SgPDcnm6QdXnoQd51EaFszi0ew1KPGeiTSA_A5NvFfdJHBCultAGDTN8xE4n8pr7wUFkBm43ZE1WGyIWdWQaglTjvxngP-XcKbPR-x5WnFHHamrSBhrxXb3u3DjeWxyrqARE50Alydnlm9v1psoFfoDV-ig0bslmErBQsnsS9KHMIXBVYvtSLHS-vfRF43zVKNdLJlUVOp_VsKnSV-lNevld0d5cnLd4mcpy5LdW91pOQmSboARWGhZYpPN05yen218zsrsXfyQqqdC9Et0Jd8SMbvsOdxmQnqCQ7j0VLvwdajHOEDgmRzxNXQw=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

aja33NscoiRD3zt3JpaDlfbuYCfgVMvzq8asG68QNz968YSMfiIn5sobL0XGlCMi49xcB1qb32-P5-o9b8ahE-sJB6mgl74YkCUwTCQcT7nGmMQohEwhaYffVXTy9WF4HZDqcaLZV3rCedf_gmSUgsiwxHutTD6YiRMgF0VIdE3zjUuND1KgODW_HhLUJ-5Q2qPEE3Z_lE0fK684LxFfvqDCiJ6R-PvMUBSV8CUzH0HyIbRK5CVQ8ZSrufwLImAc4RmD3v-F5_zfIuwq9L8yaD9hQFPj3wYMm7vr30stfzWm3XX4s-d1tkh_4FWN2h37_pR1SzV9Vj2UXsm7vhmfuih2__bRUW0pvioKgK5sdFGURBewMhQMFTKJonyVTfcc0-JFxAs1zs61ahTpRVbFDZdCH4H6scR1GU8K8HN8w7ltVNEYZNk-vGsfJTPDCN2h6DtcAWYqEDvpbAN-16f2qPhPcEFTdBMGJFdSglb1lYb4Vqll0at-IVSD6Fk2542cq6vrp0hluAtFS2QD7pFvWspZZvVltd5EOm1VuU7PT1VzKJSH-iM6y2fjnaLX3KoCI99jlw429obN0bVUL0Lu9PyeL7CicaAiWdBnmO9vbzSwG3iuNba7f_rntE5vPRbcbdmpBgKeqFf25UnCWJOdGatLRMT0L0uEQbVSp7R5QqY8q3xuUa_DCi3ymeI70hI=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

Z8G1b1GJsLcrRi5BjRXThKlTql1rdXSXnWJm1cqWSrhDCQjJ_dLSBFujYL-FhEa2k0xYqplm8rPL2BJE2MpYdGCo3f3oXKxFHLHEWGjhzT96ZNjtiOt6UYPFlzo7KD0hZ4oNNLeQAbIuAaDOd_Ki_Q_Gv9BjIADNQKLcBYnfFyNJqjK0KydtVQNCZwpXZL0lSnoH0ugVDhbNk_Whyme7Oroc5wPXm1ZqUJ5KwRy1_BUqkNJDR-z8Eh34DSd_-L9_UnG-XAlHt6BAUqjNaw-79VxBmVX96BfHfwVYzXMdx00gbNguI_L60UKHkodGrFsQyZDendrWEeopXs_KfvGfsmjmMwNC-RZkrTxl-krd5VZtdU4F6FuW56l_6eG6IdvHYrh8Kt42CuyoBBwhHW1NfVPE2oOpgpZunJokbK2KxUbSfxyU5IjsNzQ97sK6Ej4Yrw84OY3mhkQoQBDW4JFH-ioT1ZJgCQK6JmZJlNGsk_sLLUijny1Wk3PB-tatvWUu_GBfAL4rmh8Tcm3hzlbzqYNWIO01ODzldG9oSK7QjEcTTo3rGPxHrYv5EaVoNY42vo-Smb70dCqug9yEdG15hUfMN9qfSJY6kkRutE0llEfvZhZQqhqiKS_AmYCAQ5OnIegwX2ayRfCTTc1e98QFXmGtdkV4ZADig-4EyztMfn_BO4xsgZH_vSCqwg7B5rU=w872-h654-no?authuser=0

Hi Guys, would like to do an in depth review of the bagster seats, owed them for about 3 weeks.

TL;DR: Bultex is very soft. So soft that i could feel the seat pan. Couldn't find it comfortable at all.

For reference i'm about 5"7 (174cm) and have a 32" inseam.

They are soft. Much softer than the stock. So soft that i felt that my butt sinks into the seat pan. I never felt comfortable on it at all. i kept fidgeting to find a right spot. I just couldn't.

Low seat on the Bultex eliminates the sloping issue. The high was neither here nor there. I just couldn't have it in the high position at all.

Every morning when i get onto the bike, the initial feel was always good. But after a 5-10min ride. I just kept moving and moving trying to find a right spot to sit in, just never could.

I've sold it and now I'm back to the stock high seat. Although it feels much harder/firmer, it suits my butt much better. And i feel much more at home with the stock seat in the high position.

Finally for the only pro i can think of is that it looks so much nicer on the bike. But the cons outweights the pros.

My 2c. Feel free to hit me up with any questions :)

BULTEX Bagster Seat Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

BULTEX Bagster Seat Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

Edited by quaxum

I had my previous Tracer 900 GT seat adjusted by a firm that is specialized in automotive seats. I asked them to make it a bit more flat and make it softer. 

To flatten it they used standard seat foam and to make it softer they used some kind of gel that is used for medical matrasses. Long story short: it was a huge improvement and cost me less than a Bagster or Corbin seat.

My new Tracer is due to be delivered within a week or so. I'm definitely going to that same firm again. 

• Thumbsup 1

I received my seat from Terry Adcox last month.  It is made on the stock seat pan so the fit to the bike is good.  Build quality of the seat is excellent.  The material matches well with the stock pillion seat and I paid a few extra dollars for matching stitching.  The overall look of the seat might be polarizing but I have gotten used to it and am really far more concerned with function over form.

Terry has you take some pictures of yourself on the bike so he can see how you are sitting on the seat.  He is very good about corresponding and responds quickly to emails.

Went for a three day ride in the mountains earlier this week.  The forward slope of the stock seat is gone.  The seat is wider than stock so it makes the reach to the ground a bit longer.  It is also taller than the stock seat so now I keep it in the low position.  My inseam is 34 inches and once the seat had some miles on it I can reach the ground just fine but not quite flat footed.  I averaged 350 miles a day when on the back roads and never had to squirm or adjust my seating position.  On the last day I had to make time so toward the end of the day I got on the interstate for the last leg home.  I rode 130 miles of four lane, sitting in one spot on the seat the whole way,  and never once did my backside bother me.  

At first shifting my hips from side to side for spirited cornering felt a little awkward due to the width of the seat but as the miles piled up this feeling went away as I became accustomed to the seat.

Excellent seat.  Well worth the wait!! 

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

Edited by johnmark101
  • Thumbsup 5

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm in the UK and about to be a new owner, just ordered my GT after a good test ride. I'm ancient and have had loads of bikes over loads of years. Comfort is my over riding requirement in a bike these days, combined with decent performance and handling.

I'm 5' 8", weight 70kg  (11 stone/154lbs) and 30 inch inseam.

Question is, how much taller is the Yamaha comfort seat than the standard? I've searched the forum and there seems to be some debate about it. My dealer said it's only a fraction higher and I shouldn't be concerned. However I can't flat foot with the standard seat on its lowest, though the degree of foot I can get down on both sides is acceptable to me.

The comfort seat, and heated is available only in comfort not standard, is definitely higher but is it likely to be acceptable for me as far as anyone knows? It's quite a lot of money to lay out only to find that it's unsuitable.

I realise there is another benefit to the comfort seat in being more turned up at the tank end, and supposedly more comfortable generally if we can believe its title, but I would be getting it, if I do, primarily for the heating.

Still on the heated seat, where is the switch positioned on the bike?

Thanks

Edited by Anon E Mouse
  • Thumbsup 1

I'm sorry i do not have the Yamaha comfort seat. I went with a Bagster seat which i think is slightly lower than stock.. When you buy a new bike most dealers give you %15 off in the first 30 days to order accessories. Maybe it would be worth the wait and riding on the stock seat for the first couple weeks to get a discount on the comfort seat. Just my thought. 

Congratulations on your new Tracer GT. You will love it!

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Thanks for the response. Was hoping to hear from those here who had the Yam comfort seat as to how much higher in practice it raises the rider, but no luck it seems. I appreciate that this is very much a personal thing so that one person's experience may not suit another, even those of the same height, but would have been useful to hear some views.

There's no rule in the UK about dealers giving a 15% or any particular discount in the first 30 days for accessories and it's up to each buyer to try and negotiate whatever deal they can, whenever they buy them.

I've already ordered the foglights and rad guard to be fitted from new to the GT but as I said, am not sure about the comfort heated seat due to the increased height it creates. I don't mind the cost if it's going to work for me but don't want to risk £362 on something that may be unsuitable. In the absence of much guidance I'll probably do as you suggest and use the original seat for a while before deciding whether to go with the heated seat later.

One query I have resolved, the h/seat switch is placed in the blank hole on the right side of the dash.

Last bike was a Triumph Tiger 800xrt which had the heated seat as standard and I found that nice in cold weather. Also had a BMW RT in the past with that feature too. It's not essential of course, just adds to the bike's comfort.

Edited by Anon E Mouse

22 hours ago, Anon E Mouse said:

.... I'm considering adding the heated comfort seat to the order before delivery.

If you go for it please retorn with a review. I'm also interested in the comfort heated seat. 

On 7/10/2020 at 4:40 PM, Anon E Mouse said:

Thanks for the response. Was hoping to hear from those here who had the Yam comfort seat as to how much higher in practice it raises the rider, but no luck it seems. I appreciate that this is very much a personal thing so that one person's experience may not suit another, even those of the same height, but would have been useful to hear some views.

There's no rule in the UK about dealers giving a 15% or any particular discount in the first 30 days for accessories and it's up to each buyer to try and negotiate whatever deal they can, whenever they buy them.

I've already ordered the foglights and rad guard to be fitted from new to the GT but as I said, am not sure about the comfort heated seat due to the increased height it creates. I don't mind the cost if it's going to work for me but don't want to risk £362 on something that may be unsuitable. In the absence of much guidance I'll probably do as you suggest and use the original seat for a while before deciding whether to go with the heated seat later.

One query I have resolved, the h/seat switch is placed in the blank hole on the right side of the dash.

Last bike was a Triumph Tiger 800xrt which had the heated seat as standard and I found that nice in cold weather. Also had a BMW RT in the past with that feature too. It's not essential of course, just adds to the bike's comfort.

Hi, The yammie original comfort seat without the heating sits almost the same as the stock seat. hope this helps.

• Premium Member

Yamaha comfort seat works for me. One of my friend who also own GT did Luimoto gel seat mod, which he said is comfortable for him. He also owns Yamaha comfort seat. Now as he has two options he preferred moded OEM seat over Yamaha comfort seat. Before with OEM seat he used to wear Moto Skiveez Boxers that help him riding long days. We usually go out on multi-day trip and seat comfort is essential for long rides.

Everyone, I will be selling a brand new Bagster Seat. It fits my 2020 GT. Not sure what else it fits. It has never been used.  One caveat, I will only ship within the USA. I'm in Maryland.

Will be taking some pictures and post in the appropriate place and eBay soon. You can email me now if you'd like. I will give preference by date received. Otherwise, will have pictures gathered and posted later today or by end of day tomorrow.

Thanks!

Gary
gnoub@me.com