New Tracer GT owner researching seat options

Yeah.  We can do that. I ordered it last Wednesday and some folks are saying that they get it in about a week so hopefully pretty soon. I'm retired so I'm always up for a ride . It is the one with the red trim. Pet shark just gave me some pointers on posting pix so I should be able to do that as well. 

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, cwjb said:

Yeah.  We can do that. I ordered it last Wednesday and some folks are saying that they get it in about a week so hopefully pretty soon. I'm retired so I'm always up for a ride . It is the one with the red trim. Pet shark just gave me some pointers on posting pix so I should be able to do that as well. 

Excellent!  I will shoot you a PM...I just picked my tracer up a few weeks ago (I am 56) and love it.  I have a madstad screen coming and although the seat isn't the worst I have had I would like to find a better solution!  I have a nice ride loop along the Kankakee and we can meet at the Polkadot Drive in if you know where that is?

Edited by CRFan250

On 12/13/2020 at 5:34 PM, 2WHLOZK said:

I may do the same.  Even though I modded my stock seat as much as possible, it's still not quite right.  I have the tools and experience, and the price for the Seat Concepts kit is.....acceptable I guess.

However, I phoned Seat Concepts a few months ago with some Q's.  A gal there said they eliminate "most" of the forward pitch.  My takeaway was that there will still be some pitch after install.  Not sure if that'll work for me.  I'd actually prefer a slight back pitch, if anything.  There's also a decision to be made between the two foam densities offered, based on rider's weight.  I'm right on the cusp weight-wise, so prolly no Goldie Lox choice for me there.  

What to do?  

If the pics I've seen of some of the Adcox seats are accurate, then I think he's onto something with that "bucket" design.  (but man....the wait time)

The Comfort Quest continues.

Seat Concepts offers a gripper top that should minimize forward sliding I would think. And Adcox emailed me that he's booked through August so he isn't taking orders. FWIW.

On 5/4/2021 at 7:59 PM, TomTracer said:

Seat Concepts offers a gripper top that should minimize forward sliding I would think. And Adcox emailed me that he's booked through August so he isn't taking orders. FWIW.

I was going to order a Seat Concepts because I've had several- got one now. Then I saw the wait is 8 to 10 weeks. 

3 hours ago, CRFan250 said:

Yep it sure is....I assume not to terribly far from you?

About 10 minutes.

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve recently learned that the seat is adjustable by moving the black plastic mount forward under the seat. Then the seat will clip into a lower setting. I found this improved the leaned forward position and made much more comfortable for long distances. Try it. Costs nothing!

in response to @craz1 i think the Bagster is a little bit higher than the standard seat but haven't put them side by side.  Prepping bike for a long trip but if I get time will post up a pic of them side by side.  

COVID snarled production and inventory but now that we are coming out (life if pretty much back to normal here) there is a lot of pent up demand that is compounding the problem.  Last June took a long trip to SD then down the Utah.  It sure was nice not having so many folks on the road but a hassle having to go thru a drive thru to get food and then stand next to bike while eating.

Installed my Sargent seat on my GT and promptly rode up to Road America for the WSB Races, etc.  About 210 Miles each way and the seat is WAAAAYYY better then stock.  I am very happy now.  The seat combined with the madstad is just brilliant.  What an amazing  bike overall!

• Thumbsup 1