Sign in to follow this  
metallion

New Tracer GT owner researching seat options

Yeah.  We can do that. I ordered it last Wednesday and some folks are saying that they get it in about a week so hopefully pretty soon. I'm retired so I'm always up for a ride . It is the one with the red trim. Pet shark just gave me some pointers on posting pix so I should be able to do that as well. 

• Thumbsup 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cwjb said:

Yeah.  We can do that. I ordered it last Wednesday and some folks are saying that they get it in about a week so hopefully pretty soon. I'm retired so I'm always up for a ride . It is the one with the red trim. Pet shark just gave me some pointers on posting pix so I should be able to do that as well. 

Excellent!  I will shoot you a PM...I just picked my tracer up a few weeks ago (I am 56) and love it.  I have a madstad screen coming and although the seat isn't the worst I have had I would like to find a better solution!  I have a nice ride loop along the Kankakee and we can meet at the Polkadot Drive in if you know where that is?

Edited by CRFan250

Is that in Braidwood?

I grew up in K3, familiar with Wilmington. Small world!

• Thumbsup 1

On 12/13/2020 at 5:34 PM, 2WHLOZK said:

I may do the same.  Even though I modded my stock seat as much as possible, it's still not quite right.  I have the tools and experience, and the price for the Seat Concepts kit is.....acceptable I guess.

However, I phoned Seat Concepts a few months ago with some Q's.  A gal there said they eliminate "most" of the forward pitch.  My takeaway was that there will still be some pitch after install.  Not sure if that'll work for me.  I'd actually prefer a slight back pitch, if anything.  There's also a decision to be made between the two foam densities offered, based on rider's weight.  I'm right on the cusp weight-wise, so prolly no Goldie Lox choice for me there.  

What to do?  

If the pics I've seen of some of the Adcox seats are accurate, then I think he's onto something with that "bucket" design.  (but man....the wait time)

The Comfort Quest continues.

Seat Concepts offers a gripper top that should minimize forward sliding I would think. And Adcox emailed me that he's booked through August so he isn't taking orders. FWIW.

On 5/4/2021 at 7:59 PM, TomTracer said:

Seat Concepts offers a gripper top that should minimize forward sliding I would think. And Adcox emailed me that he's booked through August so he isn't taking orders. FWIW.

I was going to order a Seat Concepts because I've had several- got one now. Then I saw the wait is 8 to 10 weeks. 

Seat vendors are all booked. The covid scam shut many down and inventory is low.

• Thumbsup 1

I just got the Yamaha comfort seat.  I'm calling it a significant improvement over stock.  I also did the slope mod to it. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 5/4/2021 at 3:26 PM, cwjb said:

Is that in Braidwood?

Yep it sure is....I assume not to terribly far from you?

So you guys with the Bagster and Yamaha comfort seat is there an increase in seat height. Or preferably a decrease. Im on tip toes already

3 hours ago, CRFan250 said:

Yep it sure is....I assume not to terribly far from you?

About 10 minutes.

• Thumbsup 1