369.5 kms

joe72t

Greetings all,

I have been inspired by some of the touring and adventure trips that some riders on the various forums have taken and I was curious of the approx upper km range of the bike could be.  2019 Tracer 900GT.  I read that one of our members went to Tuktoyaktuk and had to ride a longer distance between fuel stops.  

I put a small jerrycan with fuel in the hard-case and went for a few rides to experiment.  I am about 200lbs and had empty hard cases (except for the fuel).  Tires have about 10k kms on them and pressure was 33psi front and 35 psi rear.  I rode only paved roads and was a mix of back country and highway.  Very little city riding.  I rode in STD mode the whole trip and did not ride conservatively at all.

When I got over 330kms I started riding on a safe, decent road that had a good shoulder to pull off when I needed to.  330, 340, 350... finally at km 369.5 she started to stutter a bit so I shut her down and pulled over.  I thought wow that's awesome.  I usually would panic when I got to 300km and started to look for fuel.  Good to know.  I'm sure with a full load of gear, adventure type tires, and unpaved roads would yield a lower number for sure.

Anyway thought I would share.  Anyone else have some mileage range figures???

Stay safe,

Joe

• Supporting Member

My range test ended at 378km, with 63km of it on reserve. Rode in B-mode at 100km/h (cc)... things we do for science.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

I regularly get 200 miles (325k) on a full tank on my FJ 09.  At that point it will usually take about 3.7 gallons to refill.  That works out to about 50 mpg. I fill the tank to the baffle holding the bike in the vertical position.

If you run at higher speeds you will get noticeably less gas mileage.  Over 5,500 rpm I see around 44 mpg on the current fuel readout. 

In normal cruising, at 200 miles I am looking for a gas station.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

I just rode the other day and albeit with my Givi barn door screen, top case and all my ATGAT and me totaling north of 250, I only managed maybe 39+ mpg on my fastest Red 15.  Usually I can manage 40~42 mpg even averaging 70 mph mixed riding, with +85 often seen.  But still on E0 91+ octane I should be doing better.

• 3 weeks later...

When I misjudged the next fuel stop in the south island, I got 390km on a tank. I was two up fully loaded and riding very conservatively on the second half of the tank, when I realised it was going to be tight. Got 17.3 litres in it when I filled up. So theoretically had .7l remaining! Wouldn't want to push it that far again mind!

• Haha 1