Awful Engine Noise and Bike Won't Pull (at speed)

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 4/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, piotrek said:

I will get methodical with this once I have my ECU back... but the one constant appears to be ~7,000 RPM. It's either that or a particular throttle (grip and/or plate) position. More questions than answers at the moment.

Are you sure it's not in B mode when this happens?  IIRC, the B mode not only has less power, I think I read where it also has a lower redline than A or STD mode.  Shocked me, but I don't worry about it by only using STD and A mode.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:57 AM, fjray said:

Are you sure it's not in B mode when this happens?  IIRC, the B mode not only has less power, I think I read where it also has a lower redline than A or STD mode.  Shocked me, but I don't worry about it by only using STD and A mode.

Unless that has changed... B mode is the same power and redline. Only difference is throttle mapping so that it takes more wrist to get the same amount of fueling.

Another forum member and I tested this via numerous drag races on a closed course ;-). No matter the mode the result and speed was basically the same. This was with 2 '15  FJ-09's.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA