Greetings from South Carolina

SKYFLIX

Greetings everyone. I've been perusing this forum for a couple of months now as I've been shopping for a Tracer. Decided to bite the bullet and not only join the forum, but also make my purchase of a new 2020 GT today. I had been negotiating with various dealers close by on both new and used 2019 non-GTs, but I guess they just weren't willing to let them go at a price that made sense not to upgrade to a new GT. I have to say I'm not completely sold on Yamaha's Reddish Copper, but it might grow on me over time. I much preferred the 2019 GT color, but I couldn't find any of those close by. I've ridden a number of bikes over the past 14 years, with my very first one being an FJR1300, if you can believe that. Much more bike than I needed and sold it within about a year. I rode a Burgman 650 for a few years before giving up riding altogether while rearing my two children. Now that they're older and well on their way, i decided to pick up riding again about 4 years ago and rode an Africa Twin for a while before finally moving on to the bike that I had wanted my entire life, a Gold Wing!. That bike has really spoiled me with its fancy dancy DCT transmissions and I've been missing the joy of shifting and hitting the curves on a lighter ride. So now I'm fortunate enough to have one for TRIPS and one for TRIPPIN' !!!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
24 minutes ago, SKYFLIX said:

I have to say I'm not completely sold on Yamaha's Reddish Copper, but it might grow on me over time. I much preferred the 2019 GT color, but I couldn't find any of those close by.

Congratulations on the new bike.  If you don't like the color you can always buy last years plastics, some on here have even sprayed theirs with plasti-dip to change the color.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I'm actually considering a faux carbon-fiber vinyl wrap, but I'm concerned that might look a bit too cheesy. I dunno. I think I'll be having too much fun riding it to worry about what it looks like for now. :)

• Like 1

Dont worry, the red grows on you. Even more so if you add a few gold bits tastefully. 

But yeah, not a lot of color that you could cover up real quick. Wish it had gold wheels to match the front forks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, betoney said:

Congratulations on the new bike.  If you don't like the color you can always buy last years plastics, some on here have even sprayed theirs with plasti-dip to change the color.  

I’m kind of new here.  Have been put off by the copper 2020, and wondered if people have been able to change it.  Where can you find the pics of what these people have done?  Also, it looks like there is some matte black and gloss black on the 2020.  Anyone confirm?

The copper red, or "Dull Yellowish Red Cocktail 4 (DYRC4)" as Yamaha calls it, has actually grown on me. I took the suggestion of kilo3 and have started adding some gold accents and it's really starting to look sharp. But if that really wasn't your thing, the panels come off SO easily and can be very easily plasti-dipped.

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, SKYFLIX said:

I took the suggestion of kilo3 and have started adding some gold accents and it's really starting to look sharp.

Good call!  It sounds like you need one of these... strictly for cosmetic purposes, of course.  :) 

23DF8C1C-E2B7-4494-B786-74C195187E08.thumb.jpeg.4f929a3c352af593fab2b93b0afd848e.jpeg

Congratulations on the new bike, and welcome to the forum.  We’re glad you’re here.  

• Haha 1

Congrats!! I also had an FJR1300 and although it was a fabulous bike, I prefer the lighter weight of the 900GT..  The GT is a better buy, it has so many more features over the regular Tracer.