Anyone know about insurance discounts?

• Premium Member

There were a couple of articles about 2 or 3 weeks ago saying all the major insurance carriers were going to give 10% or more discounts since no one is driving. 

Does anyone know about that? I just renewed my Allstate motorcycle policy. My agent didn't have any details but said the next time you renew after May you should see a 10% - 20% reduction for 1 month. 

If he's right that means that I'll get a $5 to $10 reduction in my moto insurance next April. 🤑

• Premium Member

State Farm is supposedly going to provide rebates or discounts as well, but I haven't seen anything yet. If it's a 10% discount that would be about $12 per month total for my truck, car, and motorcycle. I can't wait!!!!11!!!!!!!11!1!!!!!

• Supporting Member

I received a letter from my insurer (Ontario, Canada) offering discounts on vehicles no longer in use, or infrequently used during the pandemic. My daily travel was reduced from 100km to a set of stairs... will be getting a rebate.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

I received a discount from my insurer in Ontario Canada of approximately 10% per car (2 cars) because of reduced vehicle use due to Covid 19. It covers the months of March through to the end of May. I had to state that I was using the vehicles for essential trips only (groceries and or pharmacy) and not for driving to work.  There is no discount for my motorcycle because they consider it a seasonal vehicle.

On 4/30/2020 at 6:11 AM, keithu said:

State Farm is supposedly going to provide rebates or discounts as well, but I haven't seen anything yet. If it's a 10% discount that would be about $12 per month total for my truck, car, and motorcycle. I can't wait!!!!11!!!!!!!11!1!!!!!

Don't go spending it all at once, keith!

• Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Don't go spending it all at once, keith!

I just remembered, I already get a low mileage discount on my truck, so I'll probably only get a discount on the car and motorcycle. So my discount will probably only be about $7 per month. That's a beer with some change left over at my favorite pub (if they ever open again).

• Like 1