Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Tenere 700 about to hit USA dealers

Recommended Posts

Our Tenere 700 forum is blowing up all of a sudden, and the pre ordered T7's are about to start hitting showrooms around late May. I've got one preordered and I'm really looking forward to getting it and setting it up as a dual sport. 

If you get bored, come check out tenere700.net and tell em Cruizin sent ya! 

  • Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is good but somewhat surprising news. I suspect the only reason any T7s are arriving in North America is because the supply chain wheels were already turning. Yamaha NA (and all the other NA importers) have to know they're going to be sitting on mountains of unsold inventory this Fall. 

In fact I predict this Coronavirus thing will cause Suzuki to finally withdraw from North America. The importer already declared bankruptcy in 2012 (that's when they dumped their NA car business) and their current sales volumes are down below BMW and Triumph. They have no side-by-sides, and most of their dirt bikes and cruisers haven't changed in 10-20 years, some even longer. The V-Strom got a mild refresh, but they seem to have already given up on the NA market a while ago and this situation will just be the final nail. 

Yamaha is in a much stronger position, but they're going to be hurting along with everyone else.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, keithu said:

In fact I predict this Coronavirus thing will cause Suzuki to finally withdraw from North America. The importer already declared bankruptcy in 2012 (that's when they dumped their NA car business) and their current sales volumes are down below BMW and Triumph. They have no side-by-sides, and most of their dirt bikes and cruisers haven't changed in 10-20 years, some even longer. The V-Strom got a mild refresh, but they seem to have already given up on the NA market a while ago and this situation will just be the final nail.

I can't say I would personally be heartbroken if that were to happen, nothing that Suzuki has offered has ever caught my attention or even slightly made me interested.  They are the only one of big 5 that I have never owned.


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, betoney said:

I can't say I would personally be heartbroken if that were to happen, nothing that Suzuki has offered has ever caught my attention or even slightly made me interested.  They are the only one of big 5 that I have never owned.

Suzuki basically wrote the book on what a sportbike is with the 1985 GSXR750. In the late '90s they released one hit after another: Bandit, SV650, DR-Z... They offered the V-Strom in North America long before Honda or Yamaha deemed us worthy of their big adventure bikes. Kevin Effing Schwantz.

To see what they've become over the last ten years is sad. 

  • Thumbsup 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously considering a T7 as a second bike... gonna have to make sure I don't lose my job in the fall first.

  • Thumbsup 3

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be time to trade in the KLR!

  • Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, duhs10 said:

Seriously considering a T7 as a second bike... gonna have to make sure I don't lose my job in the fall first.

I'm just gonna steal @pgeldz 's T7 when he isn't looking.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, I'm curious, why should I be tempted to get a T7, given that I have a (now) fully loaded Tracer 900 GT?

Just for off road?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DavidS said:

ok, I'm curious, why should I be tempted to get a T7, given that I have a (now) fully loaded Tracer 900 GT?

Just for off road?   

Yeah, the T7 is an off-road focused bike, say 70% off 30% on. Where-as a dirtbike is 100% offorad. A dual sport is 85% offroad. 


'15 FJ09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, koth442 said:

Yeah, the T7 is an off-road focused bike, say 70% off 30% on. Where-as a dirtbike is 100% offorad. A dual sport is 85% offroad. 

Thanks Koth442 - My riding is exactly the opposite, 85% street, 15% groomed trails, sounds like I'm better off with my Tracer.....

  • Thumbsup 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If I had anywhere that I was interested in riding offroad anywhere near me, I'd be all over a T7.  I love the CP2 platform, and feel it's probably the *perfect* engine for that role.  

But...  I just don't have anywhere to ride it where it'd actually be beneficial.  There's not even unpaved roads nearby, let alone trails you can ride a motorcycle on.  

 

I'm sad about that, because the T7 looks like a damn perfect machine.

 

Edit: Actually; I could make a really good argument for getting one and kitting it up as my winter ride.  Hmm.

Edited by Wintersdark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 9:03 AM, DavidS said:

Thanks Koth442 - My riding is exactly the opposite, 85% street, 15% groomed trails, sounds like I'm better off with my Tracer.....

Right now I ride 99% street, but I think if I had a bike like the T7 that would change. There are tons of interesting logging roads just within a 50 mile radius of my home and the T7 would be perfect for those. Or I could just pick up a nice used DR-Z...🤨

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×