Rear brake light gets stuck......

My rear brake light is sticking I have narrowed it down to the sensor above the rear brake not going all the way back in... Maybe spray some lubricant ? Or stretch the spring a little ?
I'm not the most mechanically inclined person. 
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Premium Member
I don't have the bike yet to check the switch design, but often the switch position is adjustable via a small nut, and vibration might cause it to move over time. It might be that you just have to move it in or out a little. On two of my bikes there was a locknut intended to keep it from moving, but the whole thing was plastic so it didn't actually hold very well. (I'm looking at you, Suzuki.)

If the pedal is fully retracted and the switch isn't extended all the way (ie there is an air gap) then you're probably right that it's just stuck. I'd probably hit it with a squirt of WD-40 in that case, and work the switch manually a bunch of times, although perhaps a dash of grease on the switch shaft would be a more conservative approach.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
It has been reported here before - apparently there is a spring in the mechanism which you take out, turn it the other way up and reinsert to where it came from. Try it and report back as this seems a bit odd unless the 2 ends of the spring are formed differently.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived