Backrest Anyone?

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, Touring EU on FJ said:

Thought i'd share the most recent mod i've made to the FJ. Ive added a backrest for the longer rides. I have not yet put it to the test as we are still under restriction here in the EU.

Good job fabricating.  I like a DIY solution.  Keep us updated on how it works for you out on the road.

I like the blue paint in the honeycomb 'intake' area, I covered mine with silver mesh.

image.thumb.png.b1eb114925aab5764087de08d9eda3ea.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Thanks for the kind words @betoney. I will keep the thread updated on how it pans out. 

Have made any holes for added induction on the honeycomb? Or is the mesh just for aesthetics? Looks good either way. The lights you have installed in the location of the turn signals, are those driving lights? 

• Supporting Member

@Touring EU on FJ - Mine is purely for asthetics, I wanted something silver to contrast the black.

The lights are X-Arc turn signals, I have them installed front and rear.  They are aluminum, nearly indestructible and arguably the brightest LED signals available.

• Thumbsup 1

@betoney, looks great either way I was just curious. It is nice to see someone going beyond the typical wheel and body decals and doing something a little different such as the mesh over the honeycomb. 

Just placed a set of those X-Arc turn signals on order! They seem to be a very quality product!  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, Touring EU on FJ said:

@betoney, looks great either way I was just curious. It is nice to see someone going beyond the typical wheel and body decals and doing something a little different such as the mesh over the honeycomb. 

Just placed a set of those X-Arc turn signals on order! They seem to be a very quality product!  

You will need something like this to mount them.

Yamaha Turn Signal Adapters Spacers for Aftermarket Stalk Type...

1 minute ago, betoney said:

You will need something like this to mount them.

Yamaha Turn Signal Adapters Spacers for Aftermarket Stalk Type...

I've got cheap aftermarket signals on there now that used the same set-up as these you have linked so I'm sure they'll be compatible with the X-Arc's. Thanks! 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Nice jobs but from your limited photos, I'm not clear on the details of how it will function.  More pics and maybe a model astride the bike would be helpful.  However, it looks like it forces the pilot too far forward / upright.

• Premium Member
On 5/2/2020 at 8:12 AM, Touring EU on FJ said:

Thought i'd share the most recent mod i've made to the FJ. Ive added a backrest for the longer rides. I have not yet put it to the test as we are still under restriction here in the EU. 

IMG-8472.thumb.JPG.666db8166b248b217c62d1e10e4813d6.JPG

Nice work. I see the Yamaha logo on the backrest pad. What model is it from? 

On 5/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice jobs but from your limited photos, I'm not clear on the details of how it will function.  More pics and maybe a model astride the bike would be helpful.  However, it looks like it forces the pilot too far forward / upright.

@2and3cylinders - I will be sure to leave some updates/feedback upon testing. I am a fairly slim rider who utilizes primarily the front portion of the seat. I did many test fits prior to choosing the position so lets hope works well! Additionally, it swivels up and down, hints the large bolt in the center, so position is adjustable to an extent.