Leovince tech support.

MR308W

Hi all,

I ordered on a webshop an Leovince LV One evo exhaust for a tracer 900 2017.

Now they send me the exhaust for the 2015/2016 euro 3 tracer (partnr. 14102E) instead of the 2017/ 20.. euro 4 tracer (partnr. 14228E) Does this affect something on the engine, the Collectorpipes on the 2015/16 model are also closer to the engine?

Since  we probably  get a motor inspection in a year i want to be sure.

Sorry for the question but I’m totally new at this since it’s my first bike (midlifecrisis 😉).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MR308W

Yeah, I know but what is the difference between both. I Just find it kind of odd beceause other brands of exhaust use the same exhaust from model 2015 till now. Even the stock one is the same on all models i think.

I like the look of the newer Leovince but the older one looks like the exhaust is more downwards angled and the newer one more sideways. Also the pipe construction is very different.

Don’t know what difference it all makes in the end result because I’m not technical enough in the world of exhausts.

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, MR308W said:

Hi all,

I ordered on a webshop an Leovince LV One evo exhaust for a tracer 900 2017.

Now they send me the exhaust for the 2015/2016 euro 3 tracer (partnr. 14102E) instead of the 2017/ 20.. euro 4 tracer (partnr. 14228E) Does this affect something on the engine, the Collectorpipes on the 2015/16 model are also closer to the engine?

Since  we probably  get a motor inspection in a year i want to be sure.

Sorry for the question but I’m totally new at this since it’s my first bike (midlifecrisis 😉).

Thanks in advance.

Did you contact the shop you bought it from about sending you the correct part that you ordered?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

32 minutes ago, betoney said:

Did you contact the shop you bought it from about sending you the correct part that you ordered?

Yes, still waiting on the answer. 
After a few days I found it suspicious that they didn’t mentioned the partnr. and i asked if it was the right one but didn’t get an answer on that. On the site i selected mt-09 tracer 2017 so i aspect The 14228 version. Than I said, no problem cancel it than but they told it was to late. Anyhow i see what they answer this week. They state on the site that exhausts can’t be returned because they where made on command. 

It just made me thought about why there is a difference between those from Leovince and not in other brands. And if I’m curious I just got to know 😇

Edited by MR308W

• Supporting Member
45 minutes ago, MR308W said:

On the site i selected mt-09 tracer 2017

So since you ordered for the MT09, the difference might be for the center stand.  There are some exhausts made for the FZ/MT that do not fit the FJ/Tracer unless you remove the center stand.

1 hour ago, MR308W said:

Yeah, I know but what is the difference between both. I Just find it kind of odd beceause other brands of exhaust use the same exhaust from model 2015 till now. Even the stock one is the same on all models i think.

I like the look of the newer Leovince but the older one looks like the exhaust is more downwards angled and the newer one more sideways. Also the pipe construction is very different.

Don’t know what difference it all makes in the end result because I’m not technical enough in the world of exhausts.

The Euro 4 version should have a catalytic converter in the mid pipe. I have the Euro 3 version, no cat and slightly different canister design.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, MR308W said:

No it’s the “mt-09 tracer” the same as tracer 900. It works with center stand so that’s not the problem.

OK, got it.  I misunderstood.  Yamaha made it difficult for us Americans giving the bike so many names in different parts of the world.  It was the MT09 Tracer everywhere except the US where it was named FJ09, then they made both a MT and a Tracer model. 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 1

7 minutes ago, Dark&Stormy said:

The Euro 4 version should have a catalytic converter in the mid pipe. I have the Euro 3 version, no cat and slightly different canister design.

That’s indeed correct , with the euro 4 it’s in the mid pipe.

But if i add a catalyst to the euro 3 version i got actually the same than only not in the midpipe or am I seeing it wrong? Does the place of the catalyst makes difference?

9 minutes ago, betoney said:

OK, got it.  I misunderstood.  Yamaha made it difficult for us Americans giving the bike so many names in different parts of the world.  It was the MT09 Tracer everywhere except the US where it was named FJ09, then they made both a MT and a Tracer model. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah i understand, over here they called it MT-09 Tracer till 2016 than changed to Tracer 900. It’s just confusing at moments.

• Thumbsup 1

5 minutes ago, MR308W said:

That’s indeed correct , with the euro 4 it’s in the mid pipe.

But if i add a catalyst to the euro 3 version i got actually the same than only not in the midpipe or am I seeing it wrong? Does the place of the catalyst makes difference?

Nope, but why go through that work of buying a catalyst, chopping out a section of pipe, and tig welding in the catalyst? The seller should just send you the correct kit. You mentioned that your bike is inspected every year, Does that include emmisions? If not, screw the Euro 4 kit and mount the one they gave you. Ride on.

10 minutes ago, Dark&Stormy said:

Nope, but why go through that work of buying a catalyst, chopping out a section of pipe, and tig welding in the catalyst? The seller should just send you the correct kit. You mentioned that your bike is inspected every year, Does that include emmisions? If not, screw the Euro 4 kit and mount the one they gave you. Ride on.

The catalyst of the euro 3 is a slip in part i think, no welding needed. 

6522K_1.jpg

The EC "EU" approved high-performance...

for the euro 4 it’s a whole new mid pipe. 

They bike inspection gonna start with it in 1 or 2 years over here so it’s waiting till than what it will be like. The akropovic you can buy at Yamaha self also uses a slip in i think instead of one in the midpipe.

• Thumbsup 1